/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The NeverEnding Story
Posted By: blake37Date: 4/4/05 11:50 a.m.

In Response To: Re: The NeverEnding Story (D-M.A.)

She had been born on Mars, but by working odd and sometimes less then savory jobs, she had been able to scrape enough money together to leave the poverty behind. She took all she had, which was very little, and left only a promise to come back for her mother. Her method of transportation was a lonly rich man whom she had cajoled into taking her to earth. The man was expereancing some problems with the cilmit control, and just happened to take his boat to Ralphs father. Ralph was working that day and, being the young man he was, feel head over heels trying to do everything he could to help Eve get set up in her new home. They were friends for years, and when Ralph announced that he was going to work for the UESC, she let him stay on her couch when his father put him out. Romance finaly sparked and they were married 10 mounths later.

about a yearinto this marrige, Eve remembered her promise to her mother at about 11:30 at night. Since Ralph had good connections, he was able to get her to Mars a week and a half later without breaking the bank, but he wasn't able to come acompeny her. She had only enough money on her to make one short radio call and to get her mother back. She saved the call for three days untill she found her, and ralph was overjoyed for her when he heard the voices of both women. Then a distirbing thing happened; another voice came over the speaker, a third woman. "Please help me...I've had notheing to eat in days, and now that I've found something, they're after me!" Then sobbing.

Before Ralph could hear another coherent word, he heard a crash fallowed by screaming "Eve!" Ralph shouted, "Eve! Plea-Damn!" The radio had died, and he never heard from her again. He began a frantic search through every source of Martian news, anything was better then uncertinty...

: Ralph knew his life would never be the same again. A spook with a
: proposition... fucking great. He decided to play it cool.

: "What if I refuse?"

: There was a faint smile on the spook's face, but it quickly disappeared.

: "Mr. Cameron, you're working for the UESC. I like to call it a
: proposition, because in a way, that is what it is. On the other hand Mr.
: Cameron, I'm your superiour, and if you refuse, you can pack your bags and
: look for a job elsewhere."

: Ralph pondered this for a moment in his head. What he really wanted to do,
: was to take out the spike-pistol in the cabinet behind him, and fire the
: whole load right through the spook's head.

: "Ok, I'm listening, but make it quick. I'm very busy getting a CRIST
: ship up in the air."

: The spook leaned back in the chair. He was staring at Ralph for a brief
: moment before he started talking again.

: "You've probably heard rumours about something big... something really
: big going on in the UESC. You have a good reputation in the company Mr.
: Cameron. I want you to come and work on this project."

: Ralph hesitated for a moment. Ralph wanted nothing more than stay right here
: and work on the CRIST's. He knew that the Marsians were doomed if the
: CRIST vessels were taken out of service.
: But on the other hand, this other project might be something else to help the
: Marsians.

: "I'll think about it. Now if you excuse me, I have a lot to do
: here."

: Ralph turned around and started walking away.

: "Wait a minute! You don't understand... There's a vessel waiting outside
: for you Mr. Cameron. I know of your strong sympathy for the Marsians after
: what happened to your wife. But the CRIST's will only prolong the Marsians
: suffering, their doom is inevitable. Either you get on that vessel with me
: right now, or pack your belongings and kiss your job goodbye."

: Ralph froze instantly. These guys had been doing their job well to know about
: Eve...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The NeverEnding StoryD-M.A. 4/2/05 9:55 a.m.
     Re: The NeverEnding Storyblake37 4/2/05 11:05 a.m.
           Re: The NeverEnding StoryD-M.A. 4/3/05 4:49 a.m.
                 Re: The NeverEnding StoryYossarian 4/3/05 9:46 a.m.
                       Keep going! I'll post this to the MaraFF in awhile *NM*Blayne 4/3/05 3:31 p.m.
                       Re: The NeverEnding StoryD-M.A. 4/4/05 5:33 a.m.
                             Re: The NeverEnding Storyblake37 4/4/05 11:50 a.m.
                                   Just a reminder about pre-FTL communication *NM*Steve Levinson 4/4/05 12:31 p.m.
                                         Opps, your right.... Erm, crap :-\ *NM*blake37 4/4/05 1:10 p.m.
                                               Re: Opps, your right.... Erm, crap :-\D-M.A. 4/4/05 8:00 p.m.
                                                     Correct - wanted to be sure others didn't slip up *NM*Steve Levinson 4/4/05 8:19 p.m.
                                                     Re: Opps, your right.... Erm, crap :-\blake37 4/5/05 10:33 a.m.
                                   Re: The NeverEnding Story•M 4/4/05 9:45 p.m.
                                         Re: The NeverEnding StoryForrest of B.org 4/5/05 8:02 a.m.
                                               Re: AMB•M 4/5/05 8:13 a.m.
                                         Re: The NeverEnding StoryYossarian 4/9/05 8:11 a.m.
                                               Re: The NeverEnding StoryForrest of B.org 4/10/05 5:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: The NeverEnding Story - noteBlayne 4/11/05 3:38 p.m.
                                               Re: The NeverEnding Story•M 4/13/05 1:42 p.m.
                                                     Re: The NeverEnding StoryD-M.A. 4/18/05 5:25 a.m.
                                                           Re: The NeverEnding Storyduality 5/21/05 12:02 a.m.
                                                                 Re: The NeverEnding StoryBlayne 5/23/05 5:41 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The NeverEnding StoryD-M.A. 5/23/05 7:55 p.m.
                                                                             lazy baztardoz! *NM*Johannes Gunnar 5/24/05 6:22 a.m.
                                                                             did itduality 5/24/05 1:51 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: did itBlayne 5/26/05 12:34 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: did itduality 5/27/05 3:11 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The NeverEnding StoryYossarian 6/1/05 7:40 p.m.
                                                                       Wow! Great job, Yoss. *NM*Steve Levinson 6/2/05 3:56 a.m.
                                                                             Agreed! *NM*D-M.A. 6/2/05 7:21 a.m.
                                                                       Re: The NeverEnding Storychotinai 6/22/05 9:07 p.m.
                                                                             Re: The NeverEnding StoryYossarian 6/22/05 10:19 p.m.
                                                                             weirdest spam eVer mb?! :P *NM*Johannes Gunnar 6/23/05 2:26 a.m.
                                                                             Re: The NeverEnding StoryEnkidu 6/23/05 4:20 p.m.
                                                                             Re: The NeverEnding StoryBlayne 6/26/05 12:03 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The NeverEnding StoryD-M.A. 12/2/06 9:52 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.