/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

The NeverEnding Story
Posted By: D-M.A.Date: 4/2/05 9:55 a.m.

So, by accident I stumbled onto http://www.musiciansforums.com/ today while Googling around on the net. They had this funny thread there called "The neverending story". Basically, one guy there started a story that anyone can contribute to with whatever they like. I'm somewhere halfway through the thread right now, and I liked the idea so much, I'm dragging it with me here.
So, I'll start this thing off and whoever like can pick up where I leave. If noone contributes to the thread for a few days, I'll just continue myself wherever the story is at the moment.
If I sound confusing today, it's because I've had next to no sleep last night, as I was out partying all night. Anyways, here it goes:

The machine was made of the hardest and finest steel you could find anywhere on Earth. It could lift thousands of pounds with ease. The large square shaped solar panel looked like a giant dark ice-block, with it's smooth surface reflecting it's surrounds. The solar panel was just one of ten segments that made up the gigantic CRIST Sol Orbiter's solar sail. The old sail was almost exhausted after the CRIST's many years of service.
But the sail wasn't the only part that had to be replaced on the huge ship. The whole ship needed a lot of maintenance work. It would still take many years to get the ship airborn, and ready to go back to transporting resources between Earth and Mars.
The heavy solar panel was swaying gently back and forth as it was transported from one side of the maintenance hall to be mounted in the right place as a vital part of the solar sail. The machine was driven by pneumatic power and made next to no sound as it's long robotic arms were transporting the solar panel.
Ralph had a worried look on his face. He was the one in charge of getting the whole sail replaced. Things hadn't gone very smooth. The first solar panel had been mounted slightly in the wrong place, and while testing it, the crystals inside the panel had been damaged. The fifth panel had been defect and refused to function properly. This was the last panel finally, but with his luck lately, things were bound to go wrong...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The NeverEnding StoryD-M.A. 4/2/05 9:55 a.m.
     Re: The NeverEnding Storyblake37 4/2/05 11:05 a.m.
           Re: The NeverEnding StoryD-M.A. 4/3/05 4:49 a.m.
                 Re: The NeverEnding StoryYossarian 4/3/05 9:46 a.m.
                       Keep going! I'll post this to the MaraFF in awhile *NM*Blayne 4/3/05 3:31 p.m.
                       Re: The NeverEnding StoryD-M.A. 4/4/05 5:33 a.m.
                             Re: The NeverEnding Storyblake37 4/4/05 11:50 a.m.
                                   Just a reminder about pre-FTL communication *NM*Steve Levinson 4/4/05 12:31 p.m.
                                         Opps, your right.... Erm, crap :-\ *NM*blake37 4/4/05 1:10 p.m.
                                               Re: Opps, your right.... Erm, crap :-\D-M.A. 4/4/05 8:00 p.m.
                                                     Correct - wanted to be sure others didn't slip up *NM*Steve Levinson 4/4/05 8:19 p.m.
                                                     Re: Opps, your right.... Erm, crap :-\blake37 4/5/05 10:33 a.m.
                                   Re: The NeverEnding Story•M 4/4/05 9:45 p.m.
                                         Re: The NeverEnding StoryForrest of B.org 4/5/05 8:02 a.m.
                                               Re: AMB•M 4/5/05 8:13 a.m.
                                         Re: The NeverEnding StoryYossarian 4/9/05 8:11 a.m.
                                               Re: The NeverEnding StoryForrest of B.org 4/10/05 5:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: The NeverEnding Story - noteBlayne 4/11/05 3:38 p.m.
                                               Re: The NeverEnding Story•M 4/13/05 1:42 p.m.
                                                     Re: The NeverEnding StoryD-M.A. 4/18/05 5:25 a.m.
                                                           Re: The NeverEnding Storyduality 5/21/05 12:02 a.m.
                                                                 Re: The NeverEnding StoryBlayne 5/23/05 5:41 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The NeverEnding StoryD-M.A. 5/23/05 7:55 p.m.
                                                                             lazy baztardoz! *NM*Johannes Gunnar 5/24/05 6:22 a.m.
                                                                             did itduality 5/24/05 1:51 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: did itBlayne 5/26/05 12:34 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: did itduality 5/27/05 3:11 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The NeverEnding StoryYossarian 6/1/05 7:40 p.m.
                                                                       Wow! Great job, Yoss. *NM*Steve Levinson 6/2/05 3:56 a.m.
                                                                             Agreed! *NM*D-M.A. 6/2/05 7:21 a.m.
                                                                       Re: The NeverEnding Storychotinai 6/22/05 9:07 p.m.
                                                                             Re: The NeverEnding StoryYossarian 6/22/05 10:19 p.m.
                                                                             weirdest spam eVer mb?! :P *NM*Johannes Gunnar 6/23/05 2:26 a.m.
                                                                             Re: The NeverEnding StoryEnkidu 6/23/05 4:20 p.m.
                                                                             Re: The NeverEnding StoryBlayne 6/26/05 12:03 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The NeverEnding StoryD-M.A. 12/2/06 9:52 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.