/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

don't read this if you only want marathon stuff
Posted By: MalakiteDate: 3/27/05 2:35 a.m.

well, if i get any overtly hostil responses to this, i will utterly apologize and promise never to post to this forum while drunk again. but i feel like going WAY off topic right now. maybe some of you are geeky/enough like me/dumb/witty enough to find this entertaining.

it has nothing to do with marathon. or even bungie, for that matter. its more of a gonzo jounralism account of my evening. gonzo in that i was fucked up while it happened, and i continue ot be fucked up while i recount it.

tonight bega benevolently enough. a few vodka shots, maybe some super monkey ball to curb the anxiety of going back to school on monday, me and my friend abe, or as he could, conceivably be nicknamed but isn't, Token, felt like doing something, but we didn't know what.

we began by going to a movie. the movie was "Hostage," starring bruce willis. well, it was actually a surprisingly enjoyable action thriller. the psycho-kid did a good job being creepy, and, though it was an utter CROW knock-off, the shot of him walking iwth the two molotov cocktails was pretty fuckin badass. overall, though, it restored some faith in bruce willis in me. it made me even more excited to see Sin City, though, cause the opening titles looked like they could have very easily been the opening titles for Sin City.

on a side not, Sin City ahs fast become my second most anticipated movie of the year, after Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. and i have much more faith in Sin City to be a good movie. i have seen nothing to make me question the quality of the Sin City flick, but the Hitchhikers one, while it loks at least 87% good, could still dissapoint. we'll see.

anyway, Hostage was a surprsingly enjoyable, surprisingly violent little action/thriller. bruce willis did a decnt job as a serious (i.e. non comedic (e.g. John MacClane)) badass. you want a nights entertainment? you could do worse than to watch this flick. the opening scene, with willis in a beard, is pretty fuckin cool. he looks good in a beard.

anyway, we came back, and couldn't figure out what to do. we got bored, and were about to fire up the old SatanBox(the xbox) when Joe called and invited us to come watch a movie. we went, and we watched:

two episodes of The Office(bbc)
half of George A Romero's vampire flick, Martin
1/3 of Russ Meyer's flick Beneath the Valley of the Ultra-Vixens
and all of the MST3K episode "Escape 2000"

"please LEAVE THE BRONX."

while we were watching these, we were continually drinking Red Hook IPA, Deschutes Brewery Cindercone ale, Guiness and Vodka. a volatile mix to say the least, so i was sober when at the point that Gareth got his stapler in Jelly, but by the time that Trash and Toblerone were kidnapping the president of The Very Large Corporation of America, i was utterly shitfaced. as shitfaced as i am now.

also, much smoking occured tonight. but only of various legal substances, so its ok. the heaviest thing we smoked was a popular Tea Additive, so im not worried about broadcasting it on the internet.

throughout this, i was emailing my girlfriend, the love of my life (here's hoping i don't get sappy here, also" with updates/rants/recommendations for weird japanese action movies/rambles about morrowind.

anyway. on the off chance that anyone reading this ALSO wants bungie (only vaguely marathon) stuff, here: played Halo 2? y'know gravemind? it gave me an idea. what if it was not actually an advanced flood form, but instead an AI. imagine a vast, wetware AI, designed and created to govern Halo 05. but, the flood got loose, and it infectd this huge biological AI. i got the inling of the idea from Rubicon ( i think there was a wetware AI in there somewhere), and i just ran with it. i suppose bungie has more or less demonstrated this not to be the case, but it is an interesting idea to consider.

now, as for the Marathon Connection, here's where it is. not in the existing storylines, actually, but would anyone be interested in brainstorming about plot ideas for a new marathon scenario? i have many interesting ideas, and portions of the above theory could fit into it. I have many ideas that, i at least, think are interesting. if you are interestied in working on a storyline, email me.

My mapmaking experience is essentially nil, so anyone interested in working on this would either have to commit to handling the mapmaking (my talents as i see them lie in storylines, terminal writing, and MAYBE MISSION CONCEPT, but probably not creation or execution), or at the very most, a great deal of email based forge tutoring for me.

if this thread doesn't get any responses, then i may post this on topic stuff again, seperately, in a new topic cause i would be interested in working with someone on it. but hopefully some of you will be able to work through my drunken ramblings and find something interesting enough to consider.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

don't read this if you only want marathon stuffMalakite 3/27/05 2:35 a.m.
     actally, some marathon stuff. but, Im drunk so...? *NM*Malakite 3/27/05 2:41 a.m.
     Re: don't read this if you only want marathon stufD-M.A. 3/27/05 4:32 a.m.
           Re: don't read this if you only want marathon stufJacke 3/27/05 7:27 a.m.
                 Re: don't read this if you only want marathon stufD-M.A. 3/27/05 7:52 a.m.
                       Re: don't read this if you only want marathon stufJacke 3/27/05 9:22 a.m.
                             Re: don't read this if you only want marathon stufMalakite 3/27/05 12:24 p.m.
                                   Re: don't read this if you only want marathon stufD-M.A. 3/27/05 9:05 p.m.
           Re: don't read this if you only want marathon stufForrest of B.org 3/27/05 4:39 p.m.
                 Re: don't read this if you only want marathon stufBlayne 3/28/05 9:20 a.m.
                       Re: don't read this if you only want marathon stufForrest of B.org 3/28/05 10:59 a.m.
                             Re: don't read this if you only want marathon stufBlayne 3/29/05 9:35 a.m.
     Wow. Just... wow. *NM*K-chi 3/27/05 6:36 p.m.
           Yeah. That's what I said this morning. *NM*Malakite 3/27/05 6:42 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.