/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: It's not a competition! damn it!
Posted By: TychoDate: 3/2/05 7:33 a.m.

In Response To: Re: It's not a competition! damn it! (Jorge)

I didn't recognize you there, Jorge. Sorry about that, and sorry to hear you gave up your involvement in M:R. I agree that not everyone's vision of M:R was or should be exactly the same, but within the realities of the b.org and UT communities, doing a project like this is a little bit like voting. You have to try and work within what works best for most. Of course, just like voting, you're free to not work at all, but that's essentially what it's like.

Five years is an eternity in the game community, but the fact that we still have new and old players is a good indication that the Bungie community, as well as the M:R community is a slight bit different. I don't think though, that the wait can last much longer, which is what makes me a bit jittery and testy.

You see, by an large, the mod communities of any games go through this cycle of starting numerous project, of which maybe 10% ever get finished. I've been working really hard to try and keep the ball rolling enough to make sure M:R gets finished. I believe it being completed, fully, is a very important aspect of the "labour as community" side. You mentioned that development slowed to a crawl. You want to know why that is? Because there's no boss, it's not a job..it's a volunteer based thing..when people stop working on things, there's no progress. The only way that this can be fixed is if people do more than just talk. Sure life priorities get in the way, often...believe me..I have 18 hour days, but at some point, you have to put your money where your mouth is. The mataphorical you, not you specifically, Jorge. There have been those who have helped, and do help, and that's fantastic. Even stuff like yours where you did some content, is very helpfull of course, but if everyone dropped, who's left to finish?

All in all, this would be a pretty long discussion, but it boils down to this. The window to finish M:R is getting smaller, indeed, but I feel its very important that it get finished, especially when it's so damn close.

Marathon:Resurrection

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Heaven...sd 2/28/05 9:17 a.m.
     *Drools.*Bob-B-Q 2/28/05 1:56 p.m.
     Ooooh. *NM*K-chi 2/28/05 2:06 p.m.
     Gah, duplication of effort! Cool though. *NM*luke9 2/28/05 3:59 p.m.
           Badass... *NM*Andromeda_5[Kilo] 2/28/05 4:25 p.m.
     More eye candy! please! *NM*ukimalefu 2/28/05 5:15 p.m.
           Re: More eye candy! please!sd 2/28/05 7:36 p.m.
     Re: Heaven...Tycho 3/1/05 7:27 a.m.
           Re: Heaven...Anaphiel 3/1/05 8:20 a.m.
                 Re: Heaven...sd 3/1/05 9:22 a.m.
                       Re: Heaven...Tycho 3/1/05 9:56 a.m.
                             Re: Heaven...Jorge 3/1/05 11:12 a.m.
                                   Re: Heaven...sd 3/1/05 11:20 a.m.
                                   Re: Heaven...Tycho 3/1/05 11:55 a.m.
                             Re: Heaven...sd 3/1/05 11:18 a.m.
                                   Re: Heaven...Tycho 3/1/05 12:03 p.m.
                                         Re: Heaven...Forrest of B.org 3/1/05 12:15 p.m.
                                               Re: Heaven...Tycho 3/1/05 12:24 p.m.
                                                     It's not a competition! damn it!ukimalefu 3/1/05 6:51 p.m.
                                                           Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Jorge 3/2/05 5:43 a.m.
                                                                 Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Steve Levinson 3/2/05 5:57 a.m.
                                                                 Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Tycho 3/2/05 7:33 a.m.
                                                                       Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Malakite 3/2/05 9:07 a.m.
                                                                             Re: It's not a competition! damn it!tcm 3/2/05 9:46 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Malakite 3/2/05 1:23 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: It's not a competition! damn it!tcm 3/3/05 10:43 a.m.
                                                                 Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Forrest of B.org 3/2/05 8:23 a.m.
                                                                 Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Captain Kewl 3/2/05 9:27 a.m.
                                                                       Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Jorge 3/2/05 9:48 a.m.
                                                                             Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Captain Kewl 3/2/05 10:03 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Jorge 3/2/05 12:35 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Steve Levinson 3/3/05 4:31 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Jorge 3/3/05 8:03 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: It's not a competition! damn it!ukimalefu 3/3/05 5:14 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Jorge 3/4/05 4:17 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Steve Levinson 3/4/05 7:24 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.