/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Heaven...
Posted By: JorgeDate: 3/1/05 11:12 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Heaven... (Tycho)

: UT-GOTY is very cheap second hand online. Doing M1 in two different UT
: engines just seems like a pointless duplication of effort, especially when
: M:R is so damn close to being done. Hope this helps.

What is missing from M:R? Is there progress being made on it?

Now on to my view which I am certain is going to ruffle your feathers. IF M:R is not finished, to me it seems utterly pointless to finish it now. UT is going the way of the Dodo. There is really no OS X version, and doesn't look like there ever might be. UT itself doesn't really run all that great on Windows XP either... believe me, I know... I had to uninstall it because I got tired of all the glitches and such that UT caused in XP. So whether M:R gets finished or not, there is going to be a lot LESS people to play it if you keep it in UT. I won't be able to play it, that's for sure.

So, to me, it makes more sense to update M:R for UT2K4, if it is not finished yet. At the very least, you will have it on a platform that runs natively on OS X and Windows XP. True, UT maps have to be re-done and probably most of the scripting needs to be re-done or tweaked, but at least you have all your groundwork ready. Sounds and textures can carry over no problem, and the music actually becomes infinately easier with the OGG format instead of the archaic MOD tracker format. Hell, I've got a pristine set of 16-bit CD quality AIFF original M1 music files (QT 2.5 versions) that I personally remastered years ago that I could turn into OGGs in less than an hour.

So, again I ask... what is left to be completed in M:R? Or should you be thinking towards the future and scrapping finishing it for UT and putting all of the groups efforts towards UT2K4?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Heaven...sd 2/28/05 9:17 a.m.
     *Drools.*Bob-B-Q 2/28/05 1:56 p.m.
     Ooooh. *NM*K-chi 2/28/05 2:06 p.m.
     Gah, duplication of effort! Cool though. *NM*luke9 2/28/05 3:59 p.m.
           Badass... *NM*Andromeda_5[Kilo] 2/28/05 4:25 p.m.
     More eye candy! please! *NM*ukimalefu 2/28/05 5:15 p.m.
           Re: More eye candy! please!sd 2/28/05 7:36 p.m.
     Re: Heaven...Tycho 3/1/05 7:27 a.m.
           Re: Heaven...Anaphiel 3/1/05 8:20 a.m.
                 Re: Heaven...sd 3/1/05 9:22 a.m.
                       Re: Heaven...Tycho 3/1/05 9:56 a.m.
                             Re: Heaven...Jorge 3/1/05 11:12 a.m.
                                   Re: Heaven...sd 3/1/05 11:20 a.m.
                                   Re: Heaven...Tycho 3/1/05 11:55 a.m.
                             Re: Heaven...sd 3/1/05 11:18 a.m.
                                   Re: Heaven...Tycho 3/1/05 12:03 p.m.
                                         Re: Heaven...Forrest of B.org 3/1/05 12:15 p.m.
                                               Re: Heaven...Tycho 3/1/05 12:24 p.m.
                                                     It's not a competition! damn it!ukimalefu 3/1/05 6:51 p.m.
                                                           Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Jorge 3/2/05 5:43 a.m.
                                                                 Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Steve Levinson 3/2/05 5:57 a.m.
                                                                 Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Tycho 3/2/05 7:33 a.m.
                                                                       Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Malakite 3/2/05 9:07 a.m.
                                                                             Re: It's not a competition! damn it!tcm 3/2/05 9:46 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Malakite 3/2/05 1:23 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: It's not a competition! damn it!tcm 3/3/05 10:43 a.m.
                                                                 Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Forrest of B.org 3/2/05 8:23 a.m.
                                                                 Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Captain Kewl 3/2/05 9:27 a.m.
                                                                       Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Jorge 3/2/05 9:48 a.m.
                                                                             Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Captain Kewl 3/2/05 10:03 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Jorge 3/2/05 12:35 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Steve Levinson 3/3/05 4:31 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Jorge 3/3/05 8:03 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: It's not a competition! damn it!ukimalefu 3/3/05 5:14 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Jorge 3/4/05 4:17 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: It's not a competition! damn it!Steve Levinson 3/4/05 7:24 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.