/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Stuck in Marathon 2
Posted By: D-M.A.Date: 2/25/05 1:47 a.m.

A while back there was a thread about someone being pissed, because he got stuck in Eternal in a place where there was no escape from. I can no longer find the thread so I'll just start a new one.
I stated that there are places like that in Infinity too. There certainly is such a place in the second level of Infinity, but that's not what I was thinking of. I've finally tracked down the level I was speaking of. To my embarresment, the level was not in Infinity but rather in Marathon 2. The name of the level I was referring to is "Requiem for a Cyborg". I remember getting stuck in this one after smashing some wires that activated an elevator thus blocking the escape route. The curious thing is what Mark had to say about it in the volunteers:

"While running around, don't forget to visit one of the funnier locations in the game, the Personality Contructs Seeking Cyborgs terminal. One bit of this secret that I have never seen mentioned elsewhere is that shooting the circuits to either side of the terminal will make the platform rise back up, allowing you to skip teleporting back to the start and just return to where you were. "

He's talking about an escape route here that I failed to find. Could someone enlighten me what he's talking about?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Stuck in Marathon 2D-M.A. 2/25/05 1:47 a.m.
     Re: Stuck in Marathon 2blake37 2/25/05 2:10 a.m.
           Re: Stuck in Marathon 2D-M.A. 2/25/05 2:22 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.