/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Groeteschele and Kurtz Were Right *OT*
Posted By: DeathmongerDate: 2/23/05 6:14 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Groeteschele and Kurtz Were Right *OT* (Bob-B-Q)

: As a Far-Left Loathsome Godless Commie(TM) I can't agree with each and every
: one of the author's opionions, but I think some very good points were
: raised.

Yeah, even with my Warmongering Right-Wing Psycho(TM) upbringing, some of his ideas can get a little over the top. The thing IS sub-titled "When the Unthinkable Response is the Reasonable Response."

However, I've long believed that if we actually lived by President Bush's words (with us or against us) we'd be done with this situation already. If we actually flattened the capitol cities of nations that harbor terrorists, and showed them that we mean business, they'd jump the fence real quick. I'm not saying that is nessisarly the RIGHT thing to do, but it would get things done. I mean, we're already in this thing up to our eyeballs (we'll probably attack Iran next) so we might as well fight it as an actual WAR (none of this politically medeld "conflict" that screwed us over in 'nam.) If you're going to go through all the trouble of actually fighting a war with someone, you might as well beat them thoroughly and decisively.

Also note that the author definitely doesn't pull any punches:
"This isn’t a condemnation of government or the concept thereof, but rather an indictment of the stupidity shared by a nation of fools who actually believe that personal responsibility is an anathema to the American way of life. These are the same fools who Benjamin Franklin warned us about when he cautioned: 'They that can give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.'"

As Samuel Adams said: "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom... go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

And that's the Tru7h, like it or not.

: When was that written?
It is copyrighted 2001 - 2002, whatever that tells you...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Groeteschele and Kurtz Were Right *OT*Deathmonger 2/22/05 1:05 p.m.
     Re: Groeteschele and Kurtz Were Right *OT*Bob-B-Q 2/22/05 3:46 p.m.
           Re: Groeteschele and Kurtz Were Right *OT*Deathmonger 2/23/05 6:14 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.