/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Utter Frustration
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 2/14/05 8:53 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Utter Frustration (Steve Levinson)

: I'm curious about what your easier way is for that one. I just run around and
: around until most monsters are dead, then run up the steps to trigger the
: cyborgs, then drop backdown and take them on as best I can, then try to
: successfully take out the baddies in the central building. I succeed in
: all of this perhaps only 20% of the time, but it's an otherwise cool
: level.

That's exactly the strategy I used to use. However, I don't think I was anywhere near successful 20% of the time. Finally one day I decided to study the map closely and see if I could find a less dangerous way to deal with those enemies. Here is what I came up with. First of all, you want to start as close to the stairway on the north side of the central building as possible. Go up the stairway on the NW side of the central building (the one on the right as you face them) and onto the walkway that lines the west side of the building. To the north, across from that stairway, is a raised hallway that leads to a locked (at the moment) door. That hallway has no enemies that occupy it or teleport into it. Leap over from the central building into that raised hallway. It's an easy leap. The nice thing is that you are somewhat safe from most of the enemies. If no enemies follow you down the hallway, then you can use the open end of the hallway as a perch from which to snipe at the cyborgs and other enemies from below. I use the Pfhor staff to do my sniping. You can also use the perch to get the cyborgs to release their grenades into each other, thereby defeating themselves. Occasionally one of the Mystics will come up and wander down the hallway, but you can stand-punch it or use the Pfhor staff to defeat it. Also one of the Cyclones will occasionally come down the hallway, but you can use the Pfhor staff to defeat it. In either case, there's a bit of room at the end of the hallway for hiding in case you need cover. This strategy doesn't always work, but I had much more success with it than the running around strategy.

: Interesting that we all have so many complaints about Evil and, yet, consider
: it one of our favorite scenarios.

Yeah, I agree. The four levels Code 42, Parathymeter, Septic Exodus, and Schmackle have got to be the four hardest consecutive levels in any scenario. At least I can't think of a harder four in a row. Even so, EVIL is one of my favorites.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Utter FrustrationTwelveMotion 2/13/05 12:33 p.m.
     Re: Utter FrustrationBob-B-Q 2/13/05 12:45 p.m.
           Re: Utter FrustrationC Lund 2/13/05 1:11 p.m.
                 Re: Utter Frustrationthermoplyae 2/14/05 7:17 p.m.
                       Re: Utter FrustrationDr. John Sumner 2/15/05 3:55 a.m.
                             Re: Utter FrustrationSteve Levinson 2/15/05 4:46 a.m.
                                   Re: Utter Frustrationthermoplyae 2/18/05 9:07 a.m.
     Re: Utter FrustrationDr. John Sumner 2/13/05 1:08 p.m.
           Re: Utter FrustrationOri 2/13/05 3:55 p.m.
                 Re: Utter FrustrationRyokoTK 2/13/05 4:11 p.m.
                       Re: Utter FrustrationSteve Levinson 2/13/05 4:34 p.m.
                             Re: Utter FrustrationRyokoTK 2/13/05 4:49 p.m.
                                   Re: Utter FrustrationSteve Levinson 2/13/05 5:36 p.m.
                                         Re: Utter FrustrationDr. John Sumner 2/14/05 2:16 a.m.
                                               Re: Utter FrustrationOri 2/14/05 7:13 p.m.
     Re: Utter FrustrationRyokoTK 2/13/05 1:54 p.m.
           Re: Utter FrustrationRyokoTK 2/13/05 3:10 p.m.
                 Re: Utter Frustrationrampancy 2/13/05 4:16 p.m.
                       Re: Utter FrustrationRyokoTK 2/13/05 4:33 p.m.
                             Re: Utter FrustrationSteve Levinson 2/13/05 5:51 p.m.
                                   Re: Utter FrustrationRyokoTK 2/13/05 6:04 p.m.
                                   Re: Utter FrustrationDr. John Sumner 2/14/05 2:27 a.m.
                                         Re: Utter FrustrationSteve Levinson 2/14/05 8:12 a.m.
                                               Re: Utter FrustrationDr. John Sumner 2/14/05 8:53 a.m.
                       Re: Utter FrustrationSteve Levinson 2/13/05 5:38 p.m.
                             gee, what tipped you off? *NM*tcm 2/13/05 7:35 p.m.
                             Re: Utter Frustrationrampancy 2/14/05 4:13 a.m.
                                   I can't imagine playing Acme with fists :P *NM*Steve Levinson 2/14/05 8:15 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.