/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eternal Volunteers: Bug Eyed in Space
Posted By: blake37Date: 2/11/05 11:51 a.m.

To make the best cheese dip ever, get 4 oz of Velveta, some pace "hot" salsa, and some good hot sauce, and a bit of milk and...Wait, my bad, wrong forum :)

This is the first failour (Argh, how's it spelled?) level, and it starts with a bang. The past couple level had me prepared for a small area to get my senses and take a quick look around. Not so here. The beginning of this level has a great effect, we've gotten used to the bleak grays of the Jjaro world and ship, when suddenly, BANG! Retna burning Pfhor textures with abunch of nasties to fill it up. The monsters take a second to activate, a second often spent either swearing or making some sort of eep-like sound. After thatm their are two ways to take this room; 1) The crazed Vid-master Rambo way, or 2) the run really fast way because Oh My God their're gonna kill meeeeee! way. I choose the latter.

After running really fast for a short distance of about three WUs or something, there is a door on the left, which we take, desprate for escape from the enfrocer-fire coming from behind. Behind this door is another heart attack: Two hulks. But before you fire, these guys are out friends. We then notice that this hallway has a bunch of doors. Behind most of these doors are a lot of monsters. On the left are juggies, on the right is just about everything eles, one monster type per room. So before opening these doors, go to the end of the hallway. You'll find a 3x charger, pattern buffer, a switch and a comm term. the term is very sort from Leela "Kill them all." Not her exact words, but the message gets across. So start killing the bugs, one door at a time. the softies are easy, its the juggs that take time, but not talent really. Just open the door and throw some stuff at them, and they'll end up shooting each other with warpedoes. When your done, make sure you hit the switch by the terminal, and get moving.

Note: All windows in this level are open to space.

This is a simple seek and destroy type of mission, but simple doesn't mean easy. It's also low-gracity and magnetic, so that's agenst you too. There are four main areas to clear out, and the paths that lead to them. Three are to the south, on to the north. I went south first. The first south area is the one where we started, then a middle one which contains a bunch of enfocrers that didn;t do much untill fired upon. This is a problem with a lot of the monsters in this level. This middle area also as the outdoor Lh'own sound playing on the upper level it.

The thrid south area has a terminal, but it's still Leela's message. Going north, we find a tricky room with small rooms that you can;t get to, so you have to snipe the troopers and enforcers. A good tactic with this room is to go in and activate everyone, and then go east and take out all the buggers in the adjacent room, then go back and take out any servivours in the north room.

Go to any terminal after you cleared the level andread Leelas short but disturbing message. The Dreanoughts engines are activating and the self distruct is being turned off. I gather that this is the work of Hathor. We have to go. Now.

I really like this level, and how individual rooms are symectric, but the level is not. One other bug that didn't mention; A few times monster would fall into the floor and be visable only from the waist up, or have a door close around them. Oh, one more thing. In the balcony in the south with the drones, you can fly off into space if you still have the Orb. Bug exploiting, oh what fun.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal Volunteers: Bug Eyed in Spaceblake37 2/11/05 11:51 a.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers: Bug Eyed in SpaceSteve Levinson 2/11/05 2:19 p.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers: Bug Eyed in Spaceblake37 2/11/05 4:39 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.