/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Trojan on Aleph
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 2/11/05 5:30 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Trojan on Aleph (rampancy)

: So just to clarify...have you been able to get Trojan for M2/Win working on
: the Mac by installing it over PC M2 in Windows, and then dropping it in
: with AO in OS X? If so, I'd like to know what you did and how you did
: it...I thought I could try doing it through Virtual PC, but I'm still not
: sure.

Guys, I wrote about my experiences several months ago when I tried to port Trojan to AO for OS X. I downloaded M2/Win, installed it using Virtual PC, installed Trojan on top of that and then copied the entire folder to my hard drive and dropped in a copy of AO. Basically it ran quite well, but there were some glitches. There is a scenery object of a human in a specimen jar that kept appearing in the most bizzare places. And of course there was no music.

Jorge, you went a lot further than I did because you have the tools to crack a binary executable PC file, which I do not. Thus you were able to extract all the resources that I lacked and to write the appropriate MML code to go with it. This is terrific. I want that MML script, and I want to know where I can get those MP3 tracks. If I can get these, I'll lead a volunteers series on Trojan once the one on Eternal is done (I guess EMR X will have to wait).

Just a reminder to everyone involved with this project that the authors of Trojan are adamant that Trojan NOT be ported to AO. They have stated clearly that they will hunt down anyone who tries. I don't see how they can stop people from doing it on their own, which is what we've been doing so far. So long as we do no more than share things like MML scripts etc., I think we would not be violating the spirit of the Trojan team's wishes, but putting the whole thing together in a package definitely would be crossing the line. It's a shame that Mac users will need Virtual PC or a friend with a PC in order to extract the necessary Trojan files. Perhaps someday the authors will relent when they see how well the whole thing works. I'd sure like to eventually see high-res textures and the like for Trojan.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Trojan on AlephJorge 2/10/05 5:51 p.m.
     Re: Trojan on AlephJorge 2/10/05 7:12 p.m.
           Re: Trojan on AlephForrest of B.org 2/10/05 7:39 p.m.
                 Re: Trojan on Alephblake37 2/11/05 1:30 a.m.
                       Re: Trojan on AlephForrest of B.org 2/11/05 8:32 a.m.
                 Re: Trojan on AlephJorge 2/11/05 1:33 a.m.
                       Re: Trojan on Alephrampancy 2/11/05 5:10 a.m.
                             Re: Trojan on AlephSteve Levinson 2/11/05 5:30 a.m.
                                   Re: Trojan on AlephJorge 2/11/05 5:55 a.m.
                                         Re: Trojan on AlephJorge 2/11/05 1:34 p.m.
                                               the tube guy thingy is in the floor! *NM*tcm 2/11/05 6:51 p.m.
                                                     Re: the tube guy thingy is in the floor!Steve Levinson 2/13/05 8:28 a.m.
                                                           Re: the tube guy thingy is in the floor!Jorge 2/13/05 11:16 a.m.
                                                                 Re: the tube guy thingy is in the floor!Steve Levinson 2/13/05 6:03 p.m.
                                                                       Re: the tube guy thingy is in the floor!Jorge 2/14/05 1:47 a.m.
                                                                             Re: the tube guy thingy is in the floor!Steve Levinson 2/14/05 6:02 a.m.
                                                     Re: the tube guy thingy is in the floor!Andrew Nagy 1/26/07 8:52 p.m.
                                   Re: Trojan on AlephAndrew Nagy 2/12/05 11:50 a.m.
     Re: Trojan on AlephMazaro 2/12/05 6:46 a.m.
           Re: Trojan on AlephJorge 2/12/05 7:15 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.