/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Trojan on Aleph
Posted By: JorgeDate: 2/11/05 1:33 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Trojan on Aleph (Forrest of B.org)

: What I would like to know is, will the Mac version of Aleph read any of the
: SDL Aleph file types, i.e., if I MacBinary my Map and Images files and
: stick a copy of Aleph SDL in Eternal folder, will that give me a
: cross-platform distribution? It would be nice to have just one file that I
: can tell everybody "click this" and not worry about what they're
: running.

I know that the only file that you MUST MacBinary and it still works in SDL is the Map file, because it is the only file that needs both the data and resource forks. The Images file is all resource fork, so I've always extracted the resource fork with HFV Explorer and turned it into an SDL data file (which I do not know if it can be used on the Mac at that point. I certainly know I can never open it in ResEdit after that!) I don't know if simply applying MacBinary to an Images file will allow it to work in SDL. I don't know if that messes up it working on Mac Aleph either. Never tried it. I will get a fresh copy of an Images file and try it to see if it works on my PC.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Trojan on AlephJorge 2/10/05 5:51 p.m.
     Re: Trojan on AlephJorge 2/10/05 7:12 p.m.
           Re: Trojan on AlephForrest of B.org 2/10/05 7:39 p.m.
                 Re: Trojan on Alephblake37 2/11/05 1:30 a.m.
                       Re: Trojan on AlephForrest of B.org 2/11/05 8:32 a.m.
                 Re: Trojan on AlephJorge 2/11/05 1:33 a.m.
                       Re: Trojan on Alephrampancy 2/11/05 5:10 a.m.
                             Re: Trojan on AlephSteve Levinson 2/11/05 5:30 a.m.
                                   Re: Trojan on AlephJorge 2/11/05 5:55 a.m.
                                         Re: Trojan on AlephJorge 2/11/05 1:34 p.m.
                                               the tube guy thingy is in the floor! *NM*tcm 2/11/05 6:51 p.m.
                                                     Re: the tube guy thingy is in the floor!Steve Levinson 2/13/05 8:28 a.m.
                                                           Re: the tube guy thingy is in the floor!Jorge 2/13/05 11:16 a.m.
                                                                 Re: the tube guy thingy is in the floor!Steve Levinson 2/13/05 6:03 p.m.
                                                                       Re: the tube guy thingy is in the floor!Jorge 2/14/05 1:47 a.m.
                                                                             Re: the tube guy thingy is in the floor!Steve Levinson 2/14/05 6:02 a.m.
                                                     Re: the tube guy thingy is in the floor!Andrew Nagy 1/26/07 8:52 p.m.
                                   Re: Trojan on AlephAndrew Nagy 2/12/05 11:50 a.m.
     Re: Trojan on AlephMazaro 2/12/05 6:46 a.m.
           Re: Trojan on AlephJorge 2/12/05 7:15 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.