/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Trojan on Aleph
Posted By: JorgeDate: 2/10/05 7:12 p.m.

In Response To: Trojan on Aleph (Jorge)

Answered my own question regarding the music. The MP3 download had a track list with most of the level names on it. Anyway, I've got music working.

All I had to do was add a text resource to the Trojan map file defining the tracks and what levels they go to. Then, I ran it through MacBinary to get it to be a flat file again, and it works perfectly.

BTW, in case I didn't mention it, this is all for the Windows/SDL version of Aleph. Of course, on the Mac, you wouldn't need to to MacBinary the map file.

I'm impressed that Aleph will simply accept most of what is thrown at it. Map files with seperate .rsrc files, MacBinaried map files with the data and resource forks combined, Marathon 2 PC map files with the resources merged in as part of the data chunk, and now a Marathon 2 PC map file with the resources(terminal pics, etc.) merged in the data chunk AND a seperate resource fork for the MP3 definitions which was then MacBinaried. Hmm, maybe I can fit in a lawn chair... :-)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Trojan on AlephJorge 2/10/05 5:51 p.m.
     Re: Trojan on AlephJorge 2/10/05 7:12 p.m.
           Re: Trojan on AlephForrest of B.org 2/10/05 7:39 p.m.
                 Re: Trojan on Alephblake37 2/11/05 1:30 a.m.
                       Re: Trojan on AlephForrest of B.org 2/11/05 8:32 a.m.
                 Re: Trojan on AlephJorge 2/11/05 1:33 a.m.
                       Re: Trojan on Alephrampancy 2/11/05 5:10 a.m.
                             Re: Trojan on AlephSteve Levinson 2/11/05 5:30 a.m.
                                   Re: Trojan on AlephJorge 2/11/05 5:55 a.m.
                                         Re: Trojan on AlephJorge 2/11/05 1:34 p.m.
                                               the tube guy thingy is in the floor! *NM*tcm 2/11/05 6:51 p.m.
                                                     Re: the tube guy thingy is in the floor!Steve Levinson 2/13/05 8:28 a.m.
                                                           Re: the tube guy thingy is in the floor!Jorge 2/13/05 11:16 a.m.
                                                                 Re: the tube guy thingy is in the floor!Steve Levinson 2/13/05 6:03 p.m.
                                                                       Re: the tube guy thingy is in the floor!Jorge 2/14/05 1:47 a.m.
                                                                             Re: the tube guy thingy is in the floor!Steve Levinson 2/14/05 6:02 a.m.
                                                     Re: the tube guy thingy is in the floor!Andrew Nagy 1/26/07 8:52 p.m.
                                   Re: Trojan on AlephAndrew Nagy 2/12/05 11:50 a.m.
     Re: Trojan on AlephMazaro 2/12/05 6:46 a.m.
           Re: Trojan on AlephJorge 2/12/05 7:15 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.