/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

My presentation for a new scenario
Posted By: TylerDate: 2/8/05 12:56 p.m.

Hello, members of the MSF. For the past few months since mid to late 2004 to today, I've been putting together a scenario. My goal for the scenario is to be unlike any before it. Therefore its not going to be Marathon related. So no Pfhor, S'Pht, etc. And I want it to prove that multiple timelines can exist and can be radicly different.

People, I give you... November

Now, for the backstory of November. This is a quick story so you get the idea of the game. I can put it in more detail, but I'll do that when its done.

In After a devastating world war in 2203, Mankind begins to colonize planets outide the Sol System.

From the war, came seven cyborgs. Each cyborg a person that was enhanced with cybernetic parts and were designed to receive instuctions and complete missions from a remote area. The locations where they received the instructions from, no one knew. Each one was disabled of their transceiver so they wouldn't receive the contact from the unknown source.

In 2209, Mankind made it as far as Tau Ceti, and continued onward. In the depth of space, far from any system of planet, the ISC November comes into contact with an alien vessel.

The alien vessel had no bio-readings onboard, nor did it have any recognizable energy weapon signatures, but the November detected a lot of onboard transmissions. Beleiving that it was a broken transmitter repeating a message over and over the whole ship, they collected data for study back at Tau Ceti.

But the ship's auto defense mechanism started up it's emergency systems, and it's sheilds went up quickly. The ship beleived it was in danger, then self destructed for some apparent reason. The November wasn't harmed, and they went back to the Tau Ceti base.

Upon arrival, the November's systems begin to go haywire, and the core breached, affecting decks seven through ten. Some of the crew were effected and were left behind in the quarentined area. The November didn't dock at the base in fear of affecting the crew of the space station.

But one odd thing was that, nothing actualy caused the core breach; it was normal then it broke loose. Suspisions...

When the appearance of metal objects moving around the ship, the crew was curious as to how it was doing that. Pieces of metal began to fling around and hurt members of the crew. Realising that it ws kind of doing it on purpose, the crew reacted and set up camps around the ship, and the ship stayed a lightyear away from the base, so no one except the crew would be harmed.

Then the crew finaly knew what happened. The ship that was destroyed earlier spread a series of nanites onto the hull, and they made their way into engineering, breached the core, and began taking bits and pieces of metal and other objects and built crude but somewhat recognizable humanoid cyborg like entities. They also didn't just get little objects, they also affected sets of armour and special hovercraft in the armory, and began to infect humans and making them a form of androids with regenerating abilities.

The machines are of a race called the M'Jlnir, a race bent on consuming worlds for massive amounts of energy. They have almost infinate power supplies from things such as dwarf stars and novas, and also use planets as temporary sources for their large warships.

Now... each cyborg on the November has access to all parts ofthe ship. Their main job is backup incase the security officer is not avalable or is dead. The security officer was taken by the M'Jlnir and they have access codes to all areas of the ship. However... the first cyborg was able to override them and destroy any and all access to main systems. The next five were released onto the ship and were assimilated by the M'Jlnir. The seventh... the player, is released and has a good idea of whats to be expected, seeing as how he is able to read the other cyborg's minds.

Hes off to repair the ship, fend off the intruders, and to follow them to their homeworld and destroy them there.

That pretty much ends what I can tell you without ruining the story and stuff. It goes deeper, but rather than tell all you that, You'll find out when its done.
Now, this scenario is going almost nowhere fast. I need help. Anyone willing to help with the project is welcome. You'll be in the credits if you do (no wonder). Anyone willing to help build or fix the story is welcome. I know this isn't a recruitment page, but I thought I'd tell you guys and girls here because I think you people are the best. I'll post in the recruiment page so it'll be official.
My original tactic was to wait until it was almost done to tell you guys, but apparently it isn't going to well. But, tell me what you think, and I'll listen.

And sorry if theres spelling mistakes.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

My presentation for a new scenarioTyler 2/8/05 12:56 p.m.
     How To Build A ScenarioForrest of B.org 2/8/05 1:32 p.m.
           Re: How To Build A ScenarioTyler 2/8/05 4:52 p.m.
                 Re: How To Build A ScenarioForrest of B.org 2/8/05 5:43 p.m.
     Re: My presentation for a new scenariothermoplyae 2/8/05 3:40 p.m.
     keep working on this, I like it! *NM*goran 2/10/05 8:01 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.