/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potential
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 2/3/05 8:53 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potential (RyokoTK)

: While you're here, if I'm permitted to plug some of my own works, I would
: recommend that you download my scenario "Dark Star" from
: Fileball. It's largely incomplete (it's labeled as a demo) but it has six
: levels that I feel are reasonably challenging (well, except for one, I
: admit I made a terrible mistake). There are a few really dumb glitches,
: but I think they would offer a good image of how to make a level
: "challenging" without being "impossible." I dunno, ask
: Steve.

Dark Star is incredible - one of the best things I've played lately. Yes, it's very, very hard in spots, but well-balanced and beatable at any difficulty level. But that's not the only thing that makes Dark Star so cool - it has amazing visuals. I wish you'd finish it off and maybe double the number of levels. There are a lot of people here with great ideas for scnearios and some are excellent, but you have mapmaking talent and that is not something easily acquired. Very few mapmakers can match what you've done.

Marzo - you don't need to emulate RyokoTK - just try to seek a balance between difficulty and playability. You have the start of a very good scenario - just make it more playable. And try to get rid of some of those suicide traps and sticky or bouncy polys.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialSteve Levinson 2/2/05 8:51 p.m.
     Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialrampancy 2/3/05 3:52 a.m.
           Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialSteve Levinson 2/3/05 5:15 a.m.
                 Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialMazaro 2/3/05 4:33 p.m.
                       Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialMazaro 2/3/05 4:35 p.m.
                             Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialRyokoTK 2/3/05 5:34 p.m.
                                   Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialSteve Levinson 2/3/05 8:53 p.m.
                                         Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialSimon of team Sigma 2/4/05 6:30 a.m.
                                               Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialMazaro 2/4/05 12:06 p.m.
                                                     Re: Lost Lands 2 - Room of GigglesOld Timer 11/24/15 2:41 a.m.
                                                           Re: Lost Lands 2 - Room of GigglesGeneral-RADIX 11/24/15 4:09 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Lost Lands 2 - Room of GigglesOld Timer 11/24/15 9:41 a.m.
                 Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialLion O Cyborg 11/24/15 9:54 a.m.
                       Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialLion O Cyborg 11/24/15 9:56 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.