/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal X?
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 2/2/05 2:18 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal X? (blake37)

: You're redoing the custom Eternal textures? spiffy.

Mostly refining the ones that are there, adding details and variations, and pulling in some old variants from TexturesV3 (all released marks are V4 textures; the new batch I call V5).

: How so?

Most of the weapons were done by Ken Hodgeman in Photoshop. I don't know where the Fusion Pistol came from, probably Ken. The Pfhorstaff is a hybrid of Ken's staff and EVIL's, with work by me and Simon DuPuis. The Orb is an old POV-Ray render my friend Mike made. And the Trooper rifle and assorted bits of other weapons are my own Photoshop work. I'll be redoing everything in Blender 3D.

: What are you gonna do for the other chapters?

I've got some other musicians (SilverBrin and Necro from Psyjnir), and Craig said he also wants to do non-Marathon-remakes for some of the other chapter(s).

: In game help?

I moved the credits from the center button to where the epilogue screen would normally go (we have a whole epilogue level anyway), and put some FAQ-like info for clueless newbies under a "Help" button on the main screen instead. Explains the basics of Marathon (no jump or duck, shields and oxygen, switches, chips, wires, terminals, pattern buffers, etc etc etc). I've gotten a lot of question from newbies asking about things like this, not realizing that you need to read terminals to exit a level, and so on.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal X?Tyler 2/2/05 1:28 p.m.
     Re: Eternal X?rampancy 2/2/05 1:36 p.m.
     Re: Eternal X?Forrest of B.org 2/2/05 1:57 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X?blake37 2/2/05 2:06 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X?Forrest of B.org 2/2/05 2:18 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal X?Brian Wise 2/2/05 2:49 p.m.
                             Re: Eternal X?Forrest of B.org 2/2/05 3:21 p.m.
                                   Re: Eternal X?Andromeda_5[Kilo] 2/2/05 3:36 p.m.
                                         Re: Eternal X?RyokoTK 2/2/05 6:24 p.m.
                                               Re: Eternal X?Tyler 2/2/05 7:13 p.m.
                                                     I was wondering where I'd heard that! *NM*Bob-B-Q 2/3/05 2:15 a.m.
                                                     Re: Eternal X?Andromeda_5[Kilo] 2/3/05 2:42 a.m.
                                                           Re: Eternal X?Forrest of B.org 2/3/05 6:02 p.m.
                                   Re: Eternal X?Craig Hardgrove 2/3/05 12:52 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.