/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon Nonlinear: dead or what?
Posted By: blake37Date: 2/2/05 12:56 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon Nonlinear: dead or what? (Steve Levinson)

: Irritated with me? Jees. I bought and sent him a Marathon Trilogy CD at my
: own expense and when it never arrived, I made copies of all my Marathon
: stuff and shipped that to him as well. The only thing I asked from him in
: return is that he put them to good use to create M Nonlinear. He got hung
: up in texture switching - he wanted to keep the textures consistent with
: the original scenarios - and I told him that that was putting the cart
: before the horse. The first step should be to create a level flow chart
: and build the levels, then to worry about how to handle the conflicting
: textures. Maybe I pissed him off by telling him what I thought, but it's
: ultimately his project to do what he wants with.

: I think he just got himself into more than he realized and feels guilty about
: not finishing the project, and it's a lot easier to blame the messenger.
: Oh well . . .

"Basically, where we are at now is a rut. Since no one answered my email, and
Steve pointedly avoided my post when I said: 'Hey, those are cool ideas, now
why don't you tell me how the hell to do them? Because some of them just
don't make any sense at all?'"

Is what he said. That shipping must have sucked.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Will there be any more AO ports to the trilogy?Mercury 12/4/04 5:13 p.m.
     Re: Will there be any more AO ports to the trilogyukimalefu 12/4/04 5:22 p.m.
           Re: Will there be any more AO ports to the trilogythermoplyae 12/4/04 6:05 p.m.
                 Re: Will there be any more AO ports to the trilogyElliott 12/5/04 10:32 a.m.
                       Re: Will there be any more AO ports to the trilogythermoplyae 12/5/04 7:00 p.m.
                             Re: Will there be any more AO ports to the trilogySteve Levinson 12/5/04 10:48 p.m.
                                   Re: Will there be any more AO ports to the trilogythermoplyae 12/6/04 5:32 p.m.
                                   Marathon Nonlinear: dead or what? *NM*Andrew Nagy 1/29/05 8:56 a.m.
                                         Re: Marathon Nonlinear: dead or what?Steve Levinson 1/29/05 1:38 p.m.
                                               Re: Marathon Nonlinear: dead or what?blake37 1/29/05 1:43 p.m.
                                                     I haven't heard anything since summer, either... *NM*Bob-B-Q 1/29/05 2:56 p.m.
                                                     Re: Marathon Nonlinear: dead or what?Blayne 1/31/05 2:28 p.m.
                                                           Re: Marathon Nonlinear: dead or what?blake37 1/31/05 3:16 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Marathon Nonlinear: dead or what?Steve Levinson 2/2/05 12:48 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Marathon Nonlinear: dead or what?blake37 2/2/05 12:56 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Marathon Nonlinear: dead or what?Steve Levinson 2/5/05 1:23 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Marathon Nonlinear: dead or what?blake37 2/5/05 2:32 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Marathon Nonlinear: dead or what?thermoplyae 2/5/05 9:04 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Marathon Nonlinear: dead or what?blake37 2/6/05 2:30 a.m.
                 Re: Will there be any more AO ports to the trilogyVid Boi 12/8/04 6:03 a.m.
                 Re: Will there be any more AO ports to the trilogySmeeisqualityfoo 12/12/04 5:11 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.