/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Why not go PHPBB!?
Posted By: EnkiduDate: 2/1/05 2:38 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Why not go PHPBB!? (TwelveMotion)

: It isn't fair to assume
: I am not a veteran, or is it fair to say that PHPBB forums are some how
: aimed at non-veterans. It is simply a difference of style.

That wasn't my intent. If that's what came across, sorry... usually I'm better at communicating, but work is dragging on these past couple of weeks and it seems to be affecting my clarity. If there was any implication of your newness, it should have been your newness to this forum and only that.

My intent was to say that the older style here is well entrenched, and has worked well for a long time. (And that it matches my rather antedeluvian experience and tastes.)

: In a phpbb
: forum if you want to direct your reply to a certian person you can quote
: them. That is however a little more clunky and I see what your saying. But
: I think the crisp and compact way of threads in a php forum is more space
: effiecient and easier to manage if I am only interested in one topic
: rather than many.

And it is a matter of taste... I prefer to see the whole activity, and to see in a glance who's responding and how each thread is evolving by the changing subject headers, and find skimming past threads not to my interest fairly simple. (All hail the mouse-wheel!)

: But each forum has it's own personality, and it's own "big hitters"
: and if they are all content with it then who am I to call forth change.

Yah, if there's any nuance in replies it's because that particular change has been proposed by people dropping by about a half-dozen times since I started here in March... though, come to think of it, some of those were over on the Halo forums.

-- Steve's wondering if it should go in the FAQ. And if he should start burning vacation days soon before the cubicle walls start closing in...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Why not go PHPBB!?TwelveMotion 2/1/05 4:11 a.m.
     Re: Why not go PHPBB!?blake37 2/1/05 4:13 a.m.
           Re: Why not go PHPBB!?D-M.A. 2/1/05 4:20 a.m.
                 Re: Why not go PHPBB!?blake37 2/1/05 4:22 a.m.
                       Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Johannes Gunnar 2/1/05 4:32 a.m.
                 CLAUDE ERRERA!D-M.A. 2/1/05 4:24 a.m.
                       Re: CLAUDE ERRERA!Claude Errera 2/1/05 9:13 a.m.
                             Re: CLAUDE ERRERA!Me_43 2/12/06 4:53 p.m.
                                   Re: CLAUDE ERRERA!Me_43 2/12/06 4:59 p.m.
                                         Re: CLAUDE ERRERA!Bob-B-Q 2/12/06 6:17 p.m.
                                               Re: CLAUDE ERRERA!Me_43 2/14/06 10:29 p.m.
                 Re: Why not go PHPBB!?TwelveMotion 2/1/05 4:32 a.m.
                       Re: Why not go PHPBB!?D-M.A. 2/1/05 4:39 a.m.
                       Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Jacke 2/1/05 4:54 a.m.
                             Re: Why not go PHPBB!?TwelveMotion 2/1/05 5:04 a.m.
                                   Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Steve Levinson 2/1/05 5:24 a.m.
                                         Re: Why not go PHPBB!?TwelveMotion 2/1/05 7:42 a.m.
                                               Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Steve Levinson 2/1/05 8:16 a.m.
                                                     Re: Why not go PHPBB!?TwelveMotion 2/1/05 8:43 a.m.
                                               Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Claude Errera 2/1/05 9:23 a.m.
                                                     Re: Why not go PHPBB!?TwelveMotion 2/1/05 9:45 a.m.
                                                           Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Enkidu 2/1/05 11:42 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Why not go PHPBB!?TwelveMotion 2/1/05 1:49 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Enkidu 2/1/05 2:38 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Steve Levinson 2/1/05 3:20 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Why not go PHPBB!?TwelveMotion 2/1/05 8:59 p.m.
                                                                                   Good read :-) *NM*D-M.A. 2/2/05 4:14 a.m.
                                                                                   I gave you the links to Rubicon & to my site *NM*Steve Levinson 2/2/05 6:51 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Why not go PHPBB!?rampancy 2/2/05 1:30 p.m.
                                                     Re: Why not go PHPBB!?RyokoTK 2/1/05 12:23 p.m.
                                                           Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Claude Errera 2/3/05 4:36 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Reiginko 2/4/05 5:16 a.m.
     I like the forum! Don't change anything!!! *NM*Vid Boi 2/4/05 4:56 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.