/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Why not go PHPBB!?
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 2/1/05 5:24 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Why not go PHPBB!? (TwelveMotion)

: Sad, anyone want to orginize a walk out in protest?

Those who don't like this forum have already left. I greatly prefer this format for all of the reasons that have been cited. And as you'll note, a lot of threads morph significantly from the original topic - something that would be lost entirely in a PHP format.

But if you don't like it, you're welcome to leave in your own, private, protest.

As an aside, you're being such a noob. You came here with a new interest in Marathon and found yourself at home. You asked us advice and we freely gave it to you. Pretty soon you're telling us how to run the forum. You've even made the "I have a great map idea - would someone please build it for me" post. I've seen this cycle hundreds of times. If you follow the pattern, you'll be gone in a few more weeks.

Twelvemotion, why don't you stay. Listen, learn, watch and contribute. Continue to post on your progress through the trilogy and 3rd party scenarios - many of us enjoy reliving our original experiences with the games. After you've been here a year or so, then you can make suggestions on how to improve the forum - you'll have earned the respect of everyone else. And if you have a great idea for a map or a scenario, take the time to learn how to use Forge and build it yourself. There are already far more ideas out there than qualified mapmakers. Most people don't want to work on other people's ideas - they have their own. That said, your idea does have some interesting aspects - I'd love to see the result if you do build it.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Why not go PHPBB!?TwelveMotion 2/1/05 4:11 a.m.
     Re: Why not go PHPBB!?blake37 2/1/05 4:13 a.m.
           Re: Why not go PHPBB!?D-M.A. 2/1/05 4:20 a.m.
                 Re: Why not go PHPBB!?blake37 2/1/05 4:22 a.m.
                       Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Johannes Gunnar 2/1/05 4:32 a.m.
                 CLAUDE ERRERA!D-M.A. 2/1/05 4:24 a.m.
                       Re: CLAUDE ERRERA!Claude Errera 2/1/05 9:13 a.m.
                             Re: CLAUDE ERRERA!Me_43 2/12/06 4:53 p.m.
                                   Re: CLAUDE ERRERA!Me_43 2/12/06 4:59 p.m.
                                         Re: CLAUDE ERRERA!Bob-B-Q 2/12/06 6:17 p.m.
                                               Re: CLAUDE ERRERA!Me_43 2/14/06 10:29 p.m.
                 Re: Why not go PHPBB!?TwelveMotion 2/1/05 4:32 a.m.
                       Re: Why not go PHPBB!?D-M.A. 2/1/05 4:39 a.m.
                       Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Jacke 2/1/05 4:54 a.m.
                             Re: Why not go PHPBB!?TwelveMotion 2/1/05 5:04 a.m.
                                   Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Steve Levinson 2/1/05 5:24 a.m.
                                         Re: Why not go PHPBB!?TwelveMotion 2/1/05 7:42 a.m.
                                               Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Steve Levinson 2/1/05 8:16 a.m.
                                                     Re: Why not go PHPBB!?TwelveMotion 2/1/05 8:43 a.m.
                                               Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Claude Errera 2/1/05 9:23 a.m.
                                                     Re: Why not go PHPBB!?TwelveMotion 2/1/05 9:45 a.m.
                                                           Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Enkidu 2/1/05 11:42 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Why not go PHPBB!?TwelveMotion 2/1/05 1:49 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Enkidu 2/1/05 2:38 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Steve Levinson 2/1/05 3:20 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Why not go PHPBB!?TwelveMotion 2/1/05 8:59 p.m.
                                                                                   Good read :-) *NM*D-M.A. 2/2/05 4:14 a.m.
                                                                                   I gave you the links to Rubicon & to my site *NM*Steve Levinson 2/2/05 6:51 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Why not go PHPBB!?rampancy 2/2/05 1:30 p.m.
                                                     Re: Why not go PHPBB!?RyokoTK 2/1/05 12:23 p.m.
                                                           Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Claude Errera 2/3/05 4:36 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Why not go PHPBB!?Reiginko 2/4/05 5:16 a.m.
     I like the forum! Don't change anything!!! *NM*Vid Boi 2/4/05 4:56 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.