/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Is it time to close the forum?
Posted By: Claude ErreraDate: 1/30/05 5:19 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Is it time to close the forum? (Simon of team Sigma)

: I'm sure it's the same user who's doing this for the purpose
: of killing the forum, i would not be surprised.
: What make me sad is that no admins have taken care of this situation
: yet, and it's really annoying. This forum doesn't deserve to die this way.

Thanks, appreciate the support.

I clean hundreds of these out every day. The fact that you still see them means I'm not here every hour.

Yes, it's one guy. Somehow, he's managed to get around the IP ban - I don't know how.

There are two possible reasons this is happening: One, he's looking for attention. Threads like this give it to him.

Two, he's using this forum for testing spoofing techniques. Closing the forum would make that even more useful. (And the posts aren't automated; they come every 10 or 15 minutes sometimes... making a new profile takes about 3 seconds more than making a non-profiled post, so I'm not clear how closing it would be useful.)

I'm open to suggestions - but posts like this one make me want to just say 'go to Fileball, or m.org... I don't need the hassle.'

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Is it time to close the forum?Steve Levinson 1/29/05 6:32 a.m.
     Re: Is it time to close the forum?tcm 1/29/05 6:40 a.m.
     Re: Is it time to close the forum?Simon of team Sigma 1/29/05 7:26 a.m.
     Re: Is it time to close the forum?blake37 1/29/05 7:32 a.m.
     Re: Is it time to close the forum?Andrew Nagy 1/29/05 7:59 a.m.
           Re: Is it time to close the forum?Simon of team Sigma 1/29/05 8:18 a.m.
                 Re: Is it time to close the forum?Claude Errera 1/30/05 5:19 a.m.
                       You could...Bob-B-Q 1/30/05 6:04 a.m.
                             Re: You could...Simon of team Sigma 1/30/05 11:58 a.m.
                       Re: Is it time to close the forum?goran 1/30/05 11:42 a.m.
           Re: Is it time to close the forum?Steve Levinson 1/29/05 8:33 a.m.
                 Re: Is it time to close the forum?Simon of team Sigma 1/29/05 8:44 a.m.
                       Re: Is it time to close the forum?Bob-B-Q 1/29/05 8:45 a.m.
                             Re: Is it time to close the forum?Adam Ashwell 1/29/05 9:24 a.m.
                                   Re: Is it time to close the forum?Count Zero 1/29/05 9:27 a.m.
                                         I vote yes.ukimalefu 1/29/05 4:13 p.m.
                                               Re: I vote yes.Ori 1/29/05 8:05 p.m.
                                                     I vote yes. *NM*Me_43 1/29/05 10:20 p.m.
                                                     Re: I vote yes.TwelveMotion 1/29/05 11:36 p.m.
                                         Re: Is it time to close the forum?thermoplyae 1/29/05 4:26 p.m.
     Re: Is it time to close the forum?Deathmonger 1/29/05 5:40 p.m.
     Yes, Please! *NM*K-chi 1/29/05 6:38 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.