/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Not even close
Posted By: RyokoTKDate: 1/25/05 6:25 p.m.

In Response To: Not even close (Steve Levinson)

: The episode that resulted in this thread in the first place was a true case
: of getting stuck. It involved exploiting a bug - an error in the way the
: level was designed - to get into a situation that the player was never
: intended to. Compounding this is the availability of a pattern buffer,
: making it possible to save an unplayable saved game. Once the player saves
: their game in such a situation, the only way to continue is to either go
: back to an earlier saved game if they have one, start the entire scenario
: over from the first level or to cheat. Examples of these can be found in M
: Evil and Trojan, to name a few. I'm not aware of any such trap in any game
: in the original trilogy.

There is one genuine place to get stuck in Marathon 2. Level 4 (What About Bob) requires that you punch out two wires while you're in some sort of basement area. One wire floods the entire basement area with lava, and the other wire opens the door at the top of the escape route. Also at the top of the escape route (which is a large staircase) is a save terminal, on the inside of this exit door. If you punch out the flood wire first, you won't have time to punch the other wire without burning, but if you foolishly decide to run up the stairs and save, you can get trapped between lava and a locked door, with a save.

The only stick I know of in Marathon Evil is if you accidentally toggle one of the doors near the end of Code 42 (worst vacuum level ever), and toggle it again before the door fully opens. Since the door only opens once you can jam yourself outside of the control room on the other end, and you can save and thus be stuck. Is that the one you mean? If so, there's a similar stick in You Gotta Sin To Get Saved (I think) in Tempus Irae.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Oh great, I stuck myself in EternalRyokoTK 1/23/05 6:45 p.m.
     Re: Oh great, I stuck myself in Eternalluke9 1/23/05 7:15 p.m.
           Re: Oh great, I stuck myself in EternalRyokoTK 1/23/05 7:42 p.m.
                 Re: Oh great, I stuck myself in EternalMe_43 1/23/05 10:41 p.m.
                       Re: Oh great, I stuck myself in EternalForrest of B.org 1/24/05 12:52 a.m.
                 You can get stuck in levels in Infinity too ;) *NM*D-M.A. 1/24/05 4:54 a.m.
                       Re: You can get stuck in levels in Infinity too ;)RyokoTK 1/24/05 7:10 p.m.
                             Re: You can get stuck in levels in Infinity too ;)Andromeda_5[Kilo] 1/25/05 7:33 a.m.
                                   That's not stuck - that's getting stuck in a loop *NM*Steve Levinson 1/25/05 9:57 a.m.
                                         Same thing in my opinion. *NM*Andromeda_5[Kilo] 1/25/05 10:49 a.m.
                                               Not even closeSteve Levinson 1/25/05 1:51 p.m.
                                                     Re: Not even closeRyokoTK 1/25/05 6:25 p.m.
                                                           Re: Not even closeSteve Levinson 1/26/05 4:44 a.m.
                                                           Re: Not even closeAndrew Nagy...mb 1/27/05 6:15 a.m.
                             Re: You can get stuck in levels in Infinity too ;)D-M.A. 1/26/05 12:13 a.m.
                                   Re: You can get stuck in levels in Infinity too ;)Steve Levinson 1/26/05 5:02 a.m.
                                         Re: You can get stuck in levels in Infinity too ;)Deathmonger 1/26/05 7:03 a.m.
                                               Re: You can get stuck in levels in Infinity too ;)RyokoTK 1/26/05 11:59 a.m.
                                         Re: You can get stuck in levels in Infinity too ;)D-M.A. 1/27/05 4:15 a.m.
                                               Re: You can get stuck in levels in Infinity too ;)Ori 1/27/05 8:10 p.m.
                                                     Re: You can get stuck in levels in Infinity too ;)D-M.A. 1/28/05 2:39 a.m.
     Re: Oh great, I stuck myself in EternalSteve Levinson 1/23/05 7:54 p.m.
           Re: Oh great, I stuck myself in EternalForrest of B.org 1/23/05 9:51 p.m.
                 Thanks, Goran! *NM*Steve Levinson 1/24/05 4:58 a.m.
                       You're welcome. *NM*goran 1/24/05 11:02 p.m.
                 Re: Oh great, I stuck myself in EternalGeoff 1/24/05 6:47 p.m.
                       Re: Oh great, I stuck myself in EternalForrest of B.org 1/24/05 10:57 p.m.
                             Re: Oh great, I stuck myself in EternalGeoff 1/26/05 9:19 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.