/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

New E0 release
Posted By: Me_43Date: 1/22/05 5:32 p.m.

alright alright... anyone who doesn't like the new mouse control system is wierd... but can turn it off by pressing T then typing "PrefsInterpolateMouse 0" then enter. Easy.

Mac dwonloud
(I'm too lazy to put a windows or linux build here)

Oh, new features?

Hahaha there's plenty.

E0U1 V5
-Improved interpolated mouse control (at top and bottom of screen it stuffed up)
-Stuck some hi-res textures in there to see how they looked (ie. awesome)... Crap! Crap! SDL_Image only supports 16-bit color!! This will need taking care of.
-Realised I'd turned accumulation buffer clearing on at some point for one reason or another, and turned it off. Blur FX should work again.

E0U1 V4
-Displaying of liquids pretty much sorted, except for masking
-Worked out the SDL_Image bug(s), turned out to be mismatched versions of SDL. Now there's no need for GLAUX, but I'm leaving support for it in anyway. Just realised I'd temporarily disabled the SDL_Image code and left it like that... time to un-mangle it :)
-Now lets you use any given graphics format for textures (Thanks to the extension change thingy), minor addition to Scenario files
-Fixed Arlen's broken Custom Texture generation support. Teh kewel.
-Added Prefs file loading, and a couple of Prefs too.
-Added sinewave smooth lights
-Added Sharp weapon settings & stuff, blood and ricochets
-Fixed a whole lot of physics bugs
-Made Smooth particles scaleable (Scaled by the Model variable)
-Put the right damn amount of assault rifle ammo in...
-Got a basic - and terrible looking - Hunter animation in there.
-Noticed a major physics bug, and sorta fixed it - now it only stuffs up a little, as opposed to totally screwing the game
-Shellshock/blur seems stuffed, but my graphics drivers must be the fault...

E0U1 V3
-Added reloading, though there's no delay or animations for it yet.
-Added option for even more minimal interface
-Added visual ammometer. Is that amometer? Are _either_ of those words at all?! Then I changed it, because it sucked. Probably I should put the option of having the old one in... oh well I saved the code just in case... oh and it _should_ be much more customizable... oh well, it's not...
-Fixed one bug which let you select items which you have 0 of, and another which wouldn't let you select ammo
-Changed some Vertex3f's to Vertex2f's in the interface code. Umm, probably slightly quicker, but more importantly neater.
-Made it so if a weapon uses itself as ammo (ie. is disposable) and you empty a 'clip' and it's the last clip the weapon has, the weapon is auto un-selected. Kinda hard to understand that sentence, I guess... oh well...
-Fixed a physics bug that may still be lurking around poly boundaries... oh, and another one, regarding step heights...
-Did a tiny bit of work on media (liquids)

E0U1 V2
-Improved mouse handling. Should now work on MacOS... and DOES work in windowed mode... sweet...
-Added middle button support... not that it's used for anything yet...
-Fixed minor bug in weapon handling which has stayed hidden for a while... Firing nonexistant weapons is no longer a problem...
-Added ability to have seperate delays for primary and secondary triggers (read: dual wielding). It's implemented differently, but I like it... firing manual weapons requires nice timing and rythm, but if you manage it you double your fire rate... automatics, on the other hand, well, just hold both mouse buttons. End of fight.
-Fixed a majorish bug that screwed the terminal... if you typed 'M' while at it, you'd get the map... thus preventing you from typing that letter...
-Whole lot of weapon stuff, with ammo and all that taken care of. Nice.

E0U1 Version 1
-First universal source
-Integrated SDL_image enhancements, etc. Added option for GLAUX for those who have trouble with SDL_image compatibility (me)
-Improved compensative speed to work continuously
-Fixed minor zooming interface bug that presumably occurred in full SDL version
-Fixed minor bug in shotgun-type weapons with instant hit on
-Added particle bounce delta
-Damn it! Seem to have screwed textures...
-At last! Textures fixed. Hmm, the cause seems to have been... xstretch and ystretch getting pwned.
-Modularised source. :D
-Added display list support! It took some clever engineering actually, since the game may or may not run at a fixed pace. Anyway... OHH YEAH!! 2.5x speed!
-Changed sequence handling slightly to accomodate display lists.

E0R4
-A working Mac version. Wowie zowie.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

New E0 releaseMe_43 1/22/05 5:32 p.m.
     Re: New E0 releaseblake37 1/22/05 5:40 p.m.
           Re: New E0 releaseMe_43 1/22/05 5:50 p.m.
                 Re: New E0 releaseblake37 1/23/05 3:01 a.m.
                 Re: New E0 releaseblake37 1/23/05 3:17 a.m.
                       Re: New E0 releaseluke9 1/23/05 1:13 p.m.
                             Re: New E0 releaseblake37 1/23/05 2:14 p.m.
                                   Re: New E0 releaseMe_43 1/23/05 6:05 p.m.
                                         Re: New E0 releaseblake37 1/24/05 2:25 a.m.
                                               Re: New E0 releaseMe_43 1/24/05 11:51 a.m.
                                                     Re: New E0 releaseblake37 1/24/05 12:49 p.m.
                                                           Re: New E0 release *NM*Me_43 1/25/05 12:50 a.m.
                                                                 ? there is no message : ( *NM*blake37 1/25/05 11:10 a.m.
                                                                       Re: ? there is no message : (Me_43 1/25/05 12:32 p.m.
                                                                             Re: ? there is no message : (blake37 1/25/05 12:36 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: ? there is no message : (Me_43 1/25/05 1:21 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: ? there is no message : (blake37 1/25/05 1:26 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: ? there is no message : (Me_43 1/25/05 10:09 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: ? there is no message : (blake37 1/26/05 3:06 p.m.
     Re: New E0 releaseForrest of B.org 1/23/05 3:50 p.m.
           Re: New E0 releaseMe_43 1/23/05 4:21 p.m.
                 Re: snort!•M 1/24/05 8:09 p.m.
                       Re: snort!Me_43 1/25/05 12:49 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.