/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal Volunteers - Pissing On The Corporatio
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 1/20/05 11:17 p.m.

In Response To: Eternal Volunteers - Pissing On The Corporation (Adam Ashwell)

: You can go to the right, but there's no point - it's clearly intended to be
: your path for the next incarnation of the level, Burning Down The
: Corporation. Head to the left instead. In this hallway you can get the
: trooper to kill the fighters if you're careful - I vidded this one (on
: Easy, albeit) so I was conservative with ammo. Continue down this way and
: encounter soon one of the...things we're supposed to smash (I can't quite
: remember exactly what they were).

It's OK, I don't remember either. But smashing them makes the station, er, spaceport blow up, and that's all we need to know :-)

One gripe I have with this level myself, and why I keep accidentally calling it a "station" - it's supposed to be a spaceport, on the planet. The landscape is clearly planet-bound but there are big open spaces where you can see the ground way way far below. I mean, maybe it's on the edge of a cliff or something, but that always struck me as kind of weird.

: Open the wires with the switch and smash
: them (all while taking care of the enemies in here). Continue on and
: you'll run into two more of these, and quite a few more enemies. Once
: you've smashed these, return and read the first terminal. Good work,
: you've completed your mission (the one I can't remember completely - but
: the spaceport is gonna blow). Tycho has entrusted key functions to a clone
: of himself he found on one of the Pfhor ships and is following Leela to
: Lh'owon, who he presumes is going to destroy the S'pht and in the end save
: humanity from the future it's suffering in. But just who is this
: clone...? We'll find out soon...

Maybe I wrote something wrong in the terminals, but I'm pretty sure he's *supposed* to be taking off after Hathor, not Leela, and Hathor is setting out to destroy the S'pht to *hurt* mankind, not help them.

And you guys skipped over the entire story arc between this level and the previous one, which I believe may have been set up way back in the failure terminal for War and Peace. Tycho is setting a decoy ship, then blowing up the spaceport to make Hathor flee, but instead of across time, she should flee into his decoy and be caught in a digital trap set by his S'pht slaves. But she catches on and travels time instead, so now you and Tycho are after her again.

I'm kind of sad. Previous Volunteers series' always delved deep into the storyline, and I wanted to see that for this one, so I can make sure that at least *somebody* understood the story I'm telling, or better yet, that all of you collectively could make sense out of it. But either my writing is really unclear and you guys are missing most everything, or none of you are putting much thought into story retelling/analysis.

Maybe I should just ask Steve Levinson or someone to re-tell the story to me personally, so I can see what they got and missed out of it that way.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal Volunteers - Pissing On The CorporationAdam Ashwell 1/20/05 2:12 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers - Pissing On The CorporatioRyokoTK 1/20/05 2:21 p.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers - Pissing On The CorporatioAdam Ashwell 1/20/05 2:22 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers - Pissing On The Corporatioblake37 1/20/05 4:28 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers - Pissing On The CorporatioForrest of B.org 1/20/05 11:17 p.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers - Pissing On The Corporatioblake37 1/21/05 10:39 a.m.
           Sorry, Forrest - I just haven't had the time. *NM*Steve Levinson 1/21/05 3:43 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers - Pissing On The CorporatioD-M.A. 1/23/05 6:44 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.