/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 1/18/05 9:31 p.m.

In Response To: Re: M2 and Infinity music problem. (Brian Wise)

: Is this the phenomenon that is refered to as "The screaming of the
: air?" I have no clue if i can hear outside of normal frequencies, but
: I am bothered by TV's that are left on but without anything running/no
: station etc. This bugs me and it seems that back at home I would usually
: be awakened by the sound of the air screaming from the television below. I
: can't tell if this is normal or not, hmm...

That sounds like the same thing we're talking about, but I've never heard it called that term before.

"Normal" human hearing range is 20hz-20Khz. Most people in modern societies hear well less than that due to hearing damage from our freaking loud civilization. I can hear, last I measured, from around 30-40 hz through about 18 khz. I think the average max is like 16Khz, but I don't recall the numbers exactly. Many people can't seem to hear a 60hz buzz (like from old flourescent lamps) so I'd guess that's below the average low. (I guess people play bass a lot louder than trebel? Or maybe the lows start deteriorating first).

So, it depends on your definition of "normal". Hearing these things should be possible for any properly developed, undamaged human ear. But that's not really "normal" these days...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

M2 and Infinity music problem.Andromeda_5[Kilo] 1/18/05 12:59 p.m.
     Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.blake37 1/18/05 1:01 p.m.
           Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Bob-B-Q 1/18/05 1:58 p.m.
                 Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.blake37 1/18/05 2:09 p.m.
                 Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.K-chi 1/18/05 2:11 p.m.
                       Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.blake37 1/18/05 2:19 p.m.
                             Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Andromeda_5[Kilo] 1/18/05 2:32 p.m.
                                   Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Adam Ashwell 1/18/05 2:34 p.m.
                                         Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Andromeda_5[Kilo] 1/18/05 2:37 p.m.
                             Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Deathmonger 1/18/05 3:08 p.m.
                                   Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Forrest of B.org 1/18/05 3:18 p.m.
                                         Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.blake37 1/18/05 3:26 p.m.
                                               Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Forrest of B.org 1/18/05 3:41 p.m.
                                                     Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.blake37 1/18/05 3:54 p.m.
                                                           Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Forrest of B.org 1/18/05 3:59 p.m.
                                                                 Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Andromeda_5[Kilo] 1/18/05 4:08 p.m.
                                                                 Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.blake37 1/18/05 4:34 p.m.
                                                                       Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Forrest of B.org 1/18/05 7:42 p.m.
                                                                             Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.blake37 1/19/05 12:15 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Forrest of B.org 1/19/05 12:21 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.blake37 1/19/05 12:46 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Forrest of B.org 1/19/05 1:10 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.blake37 1/19/05 1:14 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Enkidu 1/19/05 2:02 p.m.
                                                                                                                 The Rocky Horror Picture ShowForrest of B.org 1/19/05 2:45 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Showblake37 1/19/05 5:14 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: The Rocky Horror Picture ShowForrest of B.org 1/19/05 5:45 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Showblake37 1/20/05 2:18 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: The Rocky Horror Picture ShowDeathmonger 1/20/05 2:36 p.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Showblake37 1/20/05 2:48 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: The Rocky Horror Picture ShowDeathmonger 1/20/05 3:08 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Showblake37 1/20/05 4:24 p.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: The Rocky Horror Picture ShowForrest of B.org 1/20/05 10:59 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Showblake37 1/21/05 10:46 a.m.
                                                                                                                             It's just a jump to the left! *NM*Vid Boi 1/22/05 11:33 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Andrew Nagy 1/20/05 3:40 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.blake37 1/20/05 2:22 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Forrest of B.org 1/20/05 11:26 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.blake37 1/21/05 10:44 a.m.
                                                                 Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Siphonopho 1/18/05 7:06 p.m.
                                                                       Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Brian Wise 1/18/05 8:51 p.m.
                                                                             Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Forrest of B.org 1/18/05 9:31 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Enkidu 1/19/05 6:14 a.m.
                                                                                         We can discuss the human nose next. XD *NM*Andromeda_5[Kilo] 1/19/05 9:17 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Malakite 1/19/05 9:31 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Hawkeyefile 1/19/05 1:34 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: M2 and Infinity music problem.Deathmonger 1/19/05 5:36 p.m.
                                                                                               Hold "x" to hijack threadEnkidu 1/20/05 6:19 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.