/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eternal Volunteers-War and Peace
Posted By: blake37Date: 1/18/05 11:57 a.m.

Yup, it's me again, today and tomarrow. Like my new font color? Good. On to buissnes.

We find ourselves in the middle of a large battle between lots of BOBs, shp't kr, and juggies and drones. Once this gets going, the white outs and explosions don't stop, really giving you the feeling that a massive battle is going on right outside.

We head to the left, randomly choosen direction of the day, and give the BOBs some help untill we notice the teleporter, which we jump into, narrowly avoiding fusion blasts and juggie bombs, as well as the stray fire hoop on the way.

The teleporter lands us in a smallish room with a switch, two uplink slots, and two terminals, but right now only one of them works. This one is from Leela, telling us her plans to get the key to the Cyborkbjlj@!#%hasdj&%h, err, Jjarro boxers, lets just say. Our job right now is to get two uplink chips so she can get access to the Phfor network, or something. Huh, she wants to be God too? May the best sentience win, I suppose.

We again take the left door first, because thats how we are today, and jump over the puzzling pit o' plasma (say that five times fast) and thourgh the hall, hitting switchs on the way. Go back, repeat. Now the middle hallway is free of obstruction, so we go down that untill we find a pattern buffer and terminal from Hathor. She mocks us a bit, but says that she really does love us, and that we shouldent make her use her Jjarro Panties (she's a girl, it's a silly, immature joke, laugh) and that we should instead join her. We are a bit surprised when we don't get teleported away after we close the terminal, but we just press the shurg key and keep going around the piller. We can see the battle still raging between a BOB and a drone, nether of whom firing. The explosions keep happening though, so this just must be this teams coffe break.

Anywho, we hit the switch on the back of the piller, and hear something, but what, we don't know (We like to use the third person here). We head back to the room with Leelas terminal, and find that hers is dark, but the other is light. We walk over and read it, only to find out that it is from Tycho And we just gave ourselves a heart attack when we hit the preveiw button and then hit back, but all is okay. Anyway, he wants to get the key from her, but rather then letting her stay at large in another timeline, he wants to keep her here. He also sounds different somehow, and less friendly. He explains it as the compromising of his two selves, the one from marathon that we know and love and the pfhor clone of him that we know, but don't have such fond memoreies of. On with failing!

I like this level, I really got a sense of a big fight going on around me. I guesse we might have to do another post when we get to the success branch.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal Volunteers-War and Peaceblake37 1/18/05 11:57 a.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers-War and PeaceForrest of B.org 1/18/05 1:12 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers-War and Peaceblake37 1/18/05 4:36 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.