/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal Volunteers - This Space Intentionally.
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 1/18/05 4:59 a.m.

In Response To: Eternal Volunteers - This Space Intentionally... (Adam Ashwell)

: This is a really, really fun map, but it's a bit too short. The fusion rifle
: thing is AWESOME - but maybe a bit too much. With several charged shots I
: can down a juggernaut. Very fun, though. The symmetry here is alot less
: agrivating than in the last level, but I'd still recommend that you do at
: least something about the symmetry.

I love this map - it's one of my favorites, and I don't mind the symmetry, thanks to the variable lighting and shading. In fact, the first time I played through, I proceeded from dark to light - I actually thought that Forrest had achieved the holy grail of having the lighting change during play, getting lighter as we went from dusk to dawn. If anyone ever figures out how to map that, it would be incredibly cool. In any case, this place feels real and it's a blast to play - often literally.

There are lots of fusion bobs here and they're on your side, providing a continual play of jugger explosions as they take them on for you. There is no need to take out the juggers themselves unless you want to. Unfortunately, most of the bobs end up being fried to a crips by the juggers, robbing you of their prescious fusion ammo. Now you can kill a couple of bobs and grab their ammo if you're so inclined, but beyond this you will flip them to being your enemy. The interesting thing is that if you do this either intentionally or by accident, the bob regeneration rate seems to mushroom, giving you a much tougher fight, but a lot of fusion ammo to collect.

The objective of this level is to destroy a series of four circuits in a central core. The door to each room containing these circuits is accessed by flipping a pair of switches for each - one in it's sector and one in the next sector to the left (clockwise) - necessitating visiting one of these twice. The colorful jail cell-like bars first encountered in the jugger are of our first visit to the Pfhor ship are here as well with a twist - Pfhor fighters can occasionally slip through between the bars, but you can't.

All-in-all, this is an outstanding level. The outside portion of the map would actually make an excellent net map IMO.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal Volunteers - This Space Intentionally...Adam Ashwell 1/18/05 3:25 a.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers - This Space Intentionally.blake37 1/18/05 3:30 a.m.
           huh, the html I put in didn't do anything.blake37 1/18/05 3:33 a.m.
                 Re: huh, the html I put in didn't do anything.Jacke 1/18/05 6:21 a.m.
                       Re: huh, the html I put in didn't do anything.Daedalus 1/18/05 9:48 a.m.
                       Re: huh, the html I put in didn't do anything.blake37 1/18/05 10:31 a.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers - This Space Intentionally.Steve Levinson 1/18/05 4:59 a.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers - This Space Intentionally.Andromeda_5[Kilo] 1/18/05 8:50 a.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers - This Space Intentionally.Forrest of B.org 1/18/05 9:54 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.