/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Volunteers, Carnagee Hall
Posted By: blake37Date: 1/13/05 11:32 a.m.

Ok, here I am filling in for Adam, so don’t panic or nuttin.

Carnagee Hall (which my spell checker says is spelled wrongly) is the first level of chapter two, The Pfhor. After a rather cool chapter screen that A1 butchers, we teleport into some kind of docking thing with what après to be a small ship in the middle. Take out the buggers surrounding the ship and go in, taking out those guys as well. Note that the Enforcers use two different weapons. Way cool. I prefer the scatter gun my self. Anywho, we see a terminal next to a save term and a 2x charger. It opens with the pfhor logo, but now in pink(??), but switches nicely into the Marathon logo. But then Tycho’s green text turns the framiler red, and we learn some slightly disturbing things have happened, what they are we don’t yet know, but he has full access to the network. On the second page, note the MI Tycho symbol. He still sounds like the good guy, and gives us a mission to take out three pfhor cyborgs, much like the one we took out in M1, if memory serves.

Moving right along, picking up the uplink chip on our way, go to the elevator, and find that the bug that allowed you to get stuck topside has been fixed. Yay!

This next area is a large oval with rooms on each end to clear out. Note that you cannot break the circuitry in these rooms. After you clear out those rooms, you will be granted access to smaller rooms with some enforcers, compilers and tanks, and lots of weapons for the taking.

After all of this is a large room with lots of drones and two large moving platforms. The scatter is great for the drones. Ride up the platforms and take out the strangely inactive enforcers, and then turn to the cyborg thingy. He won’t shoot back, but he seems stronger then I remember. Somewhat oddly, his death sound is the same as the tanks.

After killing the enforcers guarding the doors, one of them should open and reveal a teleporter. Step onto it and find your way to a switch in the small but sometimes confusing (unless you use the map) area of hallways. After you hit the switch, find you way to the large circular teleporter, and go back to the room that had the cyborg. Go up the other platform, and open the door that didn’t open on its own. Where you end up is basically a mirror of where we just were. Proceed the same way until you meet some doors that weren’t open in the other half. Take out the large gaggle of tanks and enforcers, as well as a smattering of hunters (I love that word, smattering). There is a bug in both of the circle rooms on ether side of the central area here where you cannot get right on the edge of the opening, you end up on the other side of said opening.

Hop down and ride up to take out the second cyborg, then take the teleporter back to the beginning of the hallway area, from where you find and take the circle teleporter back to the first cyborg room. Go back into the first hallway area and repeat the killing of the cyborg, this time not forgetting to mention the invisible compilers like I did last time. This set of circle rooms appears to have the same bug as the other ones.

After you take this last cyborg out, find the nearest term and read Tychos sucsesse message, where we find that Leela, with none other then Robert Bake(37) (couldn’t resist), has crash landed on the only decent planet in the system. We’re off to help them out, I’m sure. High ho silver, away!

I like this level, but I think (as many others have stated) that the symmetry is too unlike the pfhor’s style.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Volunteers, Carnagee Hallblake37 1/13/05 11:32 a.m.
     Re: Volunteers, Carnagee HallForrest of B.org 1/13/05 11:43 a.m.
           Re: Volunteers, Carnagee Hallblake37 1/13/05 12:00 p.m.
                 Re: Volunteers, Carnagee HallForrest of B.org 1/13/05 1:24 p.m.
                       Re: Volunteers, Carnagee Hallblake37 1/13/05 2:06 p.m.
                             Re: Volunteers, Carnagee HallD-M.A. 1/15/05 4:44 a.m.
                                   Re: Volunteers, Carnagee Hallblake37 1/15/05 6:42 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.