/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT This
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 1/11/05 3:43 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT This (Adam Ashwell)

: Yes, this level does have alot of strange architecture - as Forrest has
: mentioned before this was one of the first levels of Eternal he ever made.
: I have no problem with the architecture in most of the level - I think
: it's very refreshing and just plain creative. However, in the area with
: all the switches which has you running around flipping switches and
: opening doors, I find the design very contrived and bland. But it's fun
: ^_^.

That's about the only reason I kept this level, aside from time constraints, and I'm thinking of turning it into a net level for Eternal X, especially if we move Core Done Blew here and put your Bridge level as level 6. I really hate this map on an intellectual level on account of it makes no sense at all, but somehow, and I don't know why, that big hall outside just feels... fun, somehow. I really don't understand it myself.

: About how Tycho sounds, there's good reason for that, and Forrest did it
: intentionally. This is the competely sane, nice, lovable Tycho (although,
: Forrest, he should be a bit more cuddly - maybe using more anime-ish
: emoticons ^_^...:-P).

I actually realized a possible flaw in Tycho's style. For one, I had forgotten that we did hear more of Tycho in M1, and he doesn't sound very similar to my Tycho, though most of that M1 Tycho is post-rebuilding. Two, Tycho in M2 mentions that he resented his use as a tool by the humans, though that could be his reinterpretation of past events in new light.

I'm considering having Tycho rewritten, his motives changed from altruistic to simple self-interest: perhaps Tycho, liking Humans or not, would rather not wind up like Hathor says he does, as a tool of the Pfhor Empire. Perhaps he dislikes that idea so much that he'd rather be destroyed, if it would stop that future from happening again.

I think it'd make him much more interesting.

As an aside, it just occurred to me - you and Hathor's mission here was to capture the other 8 Battleroids, but leave yourself and her, so that the humans in the future of this timeline would be able to use you both to complete the causality loop - thus we doom no timelines by our own actions. But Hathor obviously isn't sticking to plan, and she bitches quite a bit about not having a body anymore... and hey, down there on Tau Ceti is her old self...

I'm not sure exactly how to incorporate this element into the story, but I like it.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT Thisblake37 1/11/05 2:54 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT Thisblake37 1/11/05 3:10 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT ThisAdam Ashwell 1/11/05 3:18 p.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT Thisblake37 1/11/05 3:34 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT Thisblake37 1/11/05 3:37 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT ThisAdam Ashwell 1/11/05 3:39 p.m.
                             Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT Thisblake37 1/11/05 3:41 p.m.
                                   Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT ThisAdam Ashwell 1/11/05 3:44 p.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT ThisForrest of B.org 1/11/05 3:43 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT ThisSteve Levinson 1/11/05 4:14 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT Thisblake37 1/11/05 4:26 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal Volunteers [major spoilers]Forrest of B.org 1/11/05 6:10 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.