/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT This
Posted By: Adam AshwellDate: 1/11/05 3:18 p.m.

In Response To: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT This (blake37)

: It looks like Adam has been grounded, so I'll step up again...Hold on tight.

I just got back from what was delaying me (a violin lesson at an unusual time) and was about to start my post when I found you'd already done it. I'm a bit relieved, as I'm quite tired (playing a very..."active" violin piece with a piano for the first time and going through it about 7 times is very tiring, as is studying for exams). I think I should be able to manage most of the time, but there are several days where my schedule will be loaded - or I'll just be too tired to do the post. On Friday I have my first two exams (Honors Matter and Energy and Honors US History), so would you mind taking over on Thursday night so I can study? That'd mean doing the first level of Chapter 2. Also, on Tuesday and Wednesday next week I'd like for you to take over so I can study for exams (Monday is a day off, so I can manage that, and Friday I have no exams, so I only need those two nights). Thanks again for your willingness to step in for me.

: This is the finel level on the marathon, and the whare we must destroy Tycho.
: Not as satisfying is it might seem, because he's the Good Guy this time
: 'round. Anyway, this level has a lot of architecture that has no
: functionality that I can see, looks kinda like several diferent
: construction projects were started at once, then abandond.

Yes, this level does have alot of strange architecture - as Forrest has mentioned before this was one of the first levels of Eternal he ever made. I have no problem with the architecture in most of the level - I think it's very refreshing and just plain creative. However, in the area with all the switches which has you running around flipping switches and opening doors, I find the design very contrived and bland. But it's fun ^_^.

: Once we find our way into the big room with the hulk (used to be a MOAH, not
: sure which I prefer) and some switchs that open the doors to Tychos core,
: we notice some more weird and senseless architecture that makes this place
: feel like the Marathons attic. So we do all the jazz to open the doors to
: tychos core, and on our way over, we find a little room that we missed
: before. It has a terminal from Tycho telling you what must be done. I like
: the writing, but it doesn't always sound the tycho we've come to know and
: loath frim MI.

About how Tycho sounds, there's good reason for that, and Forrest did it intentionally. This is the competely sane, nice, lovable Tycho (although, Forrest, he should be a bit more cuddly - maybe using more anime-ish emoticons ^_^...:-P). As I said earlier, I think this is rather senseless architecture. For some reason I witheld my comments regarding the hulks until now. As someone else has undoubtably pointed out, the hulks have no hulk sounds, just flickta sounds. Also, is it just me, or did they get a whole lot wimpier health-wise? I took out the one in this room with about...ten? shots from the fusion pistol, maybe even less. And I certainly didn't miss the room before - I guess you're just blind :-P.

: We leave this room in search of Tychos core, pausing only to hit the pattern
: buffer and 2x shield charger outside of the room with the terminal.

: Tychos core is a copy of Durandals from Core Done Blew, I think you know what
: to do here. No compilers this time, but I used granades anyway, more
: satisfying. Once all that is done, we go back to the terrminal and find
: *gasp* TYCHO! He's alive! He tells us of his plans to help save humanity
: as well as some stuff about the Junction that we already learned from
: Durandal in the failing branch. So make sure those boxers fit well
: kiddies, next stop, the future!

For some reason I had some issues in this area - and not the kind making it unplayable, it was TOO playable. There were NO Pfhor running in here for a long time. I ran out of grenades and had to go back to look for another trooper rifle and saw the rather large mass of fighters (and one trooper who was kind enough to lend me his firearm) run in from where they spawn (I saw them already there - maybe they hadn't targeted me until then?), and then when I returned to the core they followed, making it much more fun ^_^.

: I like this level almost as much as Core Done Blew. The only things that I
: can think of to improve this level would be to make so of the architecture
: more relevent, as well as even out the combat a little. It seemed to me
: that it was only heavy in tight spots like doorways, and the rest of the
: time it was a bit too lite.

This level is short but sweet. True, it lacks many things, but it makes up for that in sheer simplistic fun.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT Thisblake37 1/11/05 2:54 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT Thisblake37 1/11/05 3:10 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT ThisAdam Ashwell 1/11/05 3:18 p.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT Thisblake37 1/11/05 3:34 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT Thisblake37 1/11/05 3:37 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT ThisAdam Ashwell 1/11/05 3:39 p.m.
                             Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT Thisblake37 1/11/05 3:41 p.m.
                                   Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT ThisAdam Ashwell 1/11/05 3:44 p.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT ThisForrest of B.org 1/11/05 3:43 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT ThisSteve Levinson 1/11/05 4:14 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT Thisblake37 1/11/05 4:26 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal Volunteers [major spoilers]Forrest of B.org 1/11/05 6:10 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.