/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT This
Posted By: blake37Date: 1/11/05 2:54 p.m.

It looks like Adam has been grounded, so I'll step up again...Hold on tight.

This is the finel level on the marathon, and the whare we must destroy Tycho. Not as satisfying is it might seem, because he's the Good Guy this time 'round. Anyway, this level has a lot of architecture that has no functionality that I can see, looks kinda like several diferent construction projects were started at once, then abandond.

Once we find our way into the big room with the hulk (used to be a MOAH, not sure which I prefer) and some switchs that open the doors to Tychos core, we notice some more weird and senseless architecture that makes this place feel like the Marathons attic. So we do all the jazz to open the doors to tychos core, and on our way over, we find a little room that we missed before. It has a terminal from Tycho telling you what must be done. I like the writing, but it doesn't always sound the tycho we've come to know and loath frim MI.

We leave this room in search of Tychos core, pausing only to hit the pattern buffer and 2x shield charger outside of the room with the terminal.

Tychos core is a copy of Durandals from Core Done Blew, I think you know what to do here. No compilers this time, but I used granades anyway, more satisfying. Once all that is done, we go back to the terrminal and find *gasp* TYCHO! He's alive! He tells us of his plans to help save humanity as well as some stuff about the Junction that we already learned from Durandal in the failing branch. So make sure those boxers fit well kiddies, next stop, the future!

I like this level almost as much as Core Done Blew. The only things that I can think of to improve this level would be to make so of the architecture more relevent, as well as even out the combat a little. It seemed to me that it was only heavy in tight spots like doorways, and the rest of the time it was a bit too lite.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT Thisblake37 1/11/05 2:54 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT Thisblake37 1/11/05 3:10 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT ThisAdam Ashwell 1/11/05 3:18 p.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT Thisblake37 1/11/05 3:34 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT Thisblake37 1/11/05 3:37 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT ThisAdam Ashwell 1/11/05 3:39 p.m.
                             Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT Thisblake37 1/11/05 3:41 p.m.
                                   Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT ThisAdam Ashwell 1/11/05 3:44 p.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT ThisForrest of B.org 1/11/05 3:43 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT ThisSteve Levinson 1/11/05 4:14 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal Volunteers, Can't TOZT Thisblake37 1/11/05 4:26 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal Volunteers [major spoilers]Forrest of B.org 1/11/05 6:10 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.