/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eh?
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 1/11/05 12:40 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Eh? (blake37)

: You beat us, we lost to your crazy logic, unless logic doesn't exist either.

That's my point. Logic can't prove that itself works, because that assumes it's own conclusion and is thus invalid. But validity is itself a logical concept, so if logic doesn't work, then it doesn't matter if logic can or cannot prove itself, because you could just claim it to be so and, since logic doesn't work, you can't prove otherwise. Therefore, logic works, because I say so and you can't prove me wrong. And now that I know logic works, I know that that proof that logic works doesn't work because it assumes it's own conclusion...

Confused yet?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Confusion about the storylinebad brains 1/9/05 9:29 p.m.
     Re: Confusion about the storylineForrest of B.org 1/9/05 10:10 p.m.
           Re: Confusion about the storylineK-chi 1/10/05 4:22 a.m.
                 Re: Confusion about the storylineSteve Levinson 1/10/05 3:09 p.m.
                       Re: Confusion about the storylineForrest of B.org 1/10/05 4:04 p.m.
                             Re: Confusion about the storylineSteve Levinson 1/10/05 6:23 p.m.
                                   Re: Confusion about the storylineForrest of B.org 1/10/05 7:33 p.m.
                                         Long time travel philosophy post! Head hurts! *NM*ukimalefu 1/10/05 8:19 p.m.
                                               The Philosophy of Time TravelForrest of B.org 1/10/05 9:28 p.m.
                                                     What does time travel have to do with philosophy? *NM*Purple Penguin 1/11/05 6:12 a.m.
                                                           You can philosophy about time travel. *NM*ukimalefu 1/11/05 7:16 a.m.
                                                           What does epistemology have to do with philosophy? *NM*Forrest of B.org 1/11/05 7:17 a.m.
                                                           Philosophy is the search for truth. *NM*K-chi 1/11/05 9:18 a.m.
                                                                 When you can't prove it and it's speculation. *NM*Adam Ashwell 1/11/05 10:22 a.m.
                                                                       You can't prove that proof is ever possible.Forrest of B.org 1/11/05 11:23 a.m.
                                                                             Re: You can't prove that proof is ever possible.blake37 1/11/05 11:51 a.m.
                                                                                   Eh? *NM*Forrest of B.org 1/11/05 11:57 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Eh?blake37 1/11/05 11:59 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Eh?Forrest of B.org 1/11/05 12:40 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Eh?blake37 1/11/05 12:56 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Eh?Forrest of B.org 1/11/05 1:16 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Eh?blake37 1/11/05 2:23 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Eh?Deathmonger 1/11/05 1:46 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Eh?Forrest of B.org 1/11/05 2:20 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Eh?Yossarian 1/11/05 2:38 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Eh?Forrest of B.org 1/11/05 3:14 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Dayyymn. Fobo has mad logic skilz, yo. [/wigger] *NM*Deathmonger 1/11/05 3:43 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   I'm writing a paper on epistemology & ethics *NM*Forrest of B.org 1/11/05 4:00 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: that explains alot *NM*blake37 1/11/05 4:22 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Eh?Yossarian 1/11/05 4:57 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: Eh?Forrest of B.org 1/11/05 6:46 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Welp, I'm satisfied. *NM*Yossarian 1/12/05 3:36 p.m.
                                                                                                     I get it! I get it!K-chi 1/11/05 5:42 p.m.
                                                                                                           And we're very proud of you too ^_^. *NM*Adam Ashwell 1/11/05 5:43 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Now, what was the thread originally about again? *NM*Reiginko 1/12/05 3:43 a.m.
                                   Re: Confusion about the storylineAndromeda_5[Kilo] 1/11/05 10:59 a.m.
                                         Re: Confusion about the storylineukimalefu 1/11/05 4:55 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.