/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

But for me, it *is* total carnage :^D
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 1/10/05 3:29 p.m.

In Response To: Eternal Volunteers - I Can't Believe It's Not... (Adam Ashwell)

I'm not going to quote your lengthy post here, but it was very interesting to hear how you went about - or didn't go about - making this level. I'm sure that you're story is not unique and I've heard many a mapmaker talk about their maps evolving rather than being planned. What counts is the end result, and the end result is surprisingly one of the strongest levels in Eternal. There may be some visual errors, but the overall gesault of the level is utterly cool. I do have some comments, however.

That initial ambush is one of the harder ones in the Marathon universe. A skilled player should be able to handle it, but novices may find it too much of a challenge. I would suggest placing a 3X shield recharger in the last room of the previous level (G3 Moontanning) to give the player more of a chance. That recharger should at least be upgraded to 2X shields, as a lot of people will probably be too lazy to go back to the beginning of that level to recharge before leaving. Providing the player with more shields going into the level shouldn't dumb it down all that much, as there are plenty of other ambushes to be enjoyed. One other comment about the ambushes, however. As I think is stated in the Forge manual, effects should be realistic. If the Pfhor are paratrooping, then having them drop out of the sky is logical. Having them drop out of a ceiling, however, just looks dumb. You might want to just have them teleport in.

That jugger that activates was actually partly in the room with me during my last play through. I fisted him and he started to attack me. There's definitely something wrong with that jugger or the poly he sits on. Oh, and while 13 invisible compilers might have been a bit much in the distributor room, I do think the action could use a little sprucing up in there. Otherwise, this is a great level.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal Volunteers - I Can't Believe It's Not...Adam Ashwell 1/10/05 12:37 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers - I Can't Believe It's Not.blake37 1/10/05 3:14 p.m.
     But for me, it *is* total carnage :^DSteve Levinson 1/10/05 3:29 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.