/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Volunteers to create Unreal Multiplayer Levels
Posted By: Dollar Store KyleDate: 1/4/05 10:50 a.m.

If any of you have played a game called Unreal on multiplayer (in fact, some of the multiplayer maps are in Unreal Tournament), you'll notice some excellent maps it has such as Deck 16, Morbias, Radikus, Ariza etc. Unreal multiplalyer is pretty fun, but Marathon multiplayer is even better. But imagine this: All of these great maps being remade for Marathon.

I was wondering if there were any volunteers with the marathon editing thimajig that would be able to take some time to create these levels. I would do it myself, but I haven't yet managed to get my hands around the editor, and even if I did, my brain is strong in the right side but weak in the left side, so I would do poorly with any complex computer technological mechanical sort of work. I'm going to need somebody who is good with editing and creating that knows of Unreal's maps, take a look at them and maybe try to create a Marathon version of such levels. Unreal multiplayer's map-making is perhaps the best that ever was. The overall gaming concept of Unreal multiplayer isn't so special, but a big part of great network play is good map-making. Good map-making applied to some of the very best network games is certainly something I think many of you here would look to.

Of course, I could just be thinking stupid right now that this could possibly manage. But possibly if we were able to maybe, instead, get in contact with any professional mappers we could get some real good network.

Please visit the dollar store,
-Kyle

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Volunteers to create Unreal Multiplayer LevelsDollar Store Kyle 1/4/05 10:50 a.m.
     Re: Volunteers to create Unreal Multiplayer LevelsAndrew Nagy 1/4/05 11:06 a.m.
           Re: Volunteers to create Unreal Multiplayer LevelsDollar Store Kyle 1/4/05 11:17 a.m.
                 Re: Volunteers to create Unreal Multiplayer LevelsMe_43 1/4/05 1:51 p.m.
                       Re: Volunteers to create Unreal Multiplayer LevelsForrest of B.org 1/4/05 1:54 p.m.
                             Re: Volunteers to create Unreal Multiplayer LevelsForrest of B.org 1/4/05 2:01 p.m.
                                   Re: Volunteers to create Unreal Multiplayer LevelsMe_43 1/4/05 9:46 p.m.
                                         Re: Volunteers to create Unreal Multiplayer LevelsMe_43 1/4/05 9:56 p.m.
                                               AH! It worked!! *NM*Me_43 1/4/05 9:57 p.m.
     Re: Volunteers to create Unreal Multiplayer Levelsthermoplyae 1/4/05 11:57 a.m.
     Played Rampancy and Resurrection? *NM*Andrew Nagy 1/4/05 1:13 p.m.
           ??? *NM*Dollar Store Kyle 1/4/05 1:15 p.m.
                 Re: ???Andrew Nagy 1/5/05 9:05 a.m.
                       Re: ???Siphonopho 1/5/05 1:10 p.m.
     Re: Volunteers to create Unreal Multiplayer LevelsSiphonopho 1/4/05 3:11 p.m.
           Re: Volunteers to create Unreal Multiplayer LevelsTyler 1/4/05 4:00 p.m.
                 Ok, just ignore me, I'm a fool :/ *NM*Dollar Store Kyle 1/4/05 5:48 p.m.
                 Re: Volunteers to create Unreal Multiplayer LevelsAndrew Nagy 1/5/05 8:59 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.