/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Where?! Where could I get it?
Posted By: Black Eagle (Tim Vogel)Date: 1/3/05 1:27 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Where?! Where could I get it? (thermoplyae)

: I think the idea was that it took a high-end G5 to get this performance. :P

I think it was about 30fps but I'm not sure, there once was a post about this on the macaddict forums.
They tried the half life demo with virtual pc. However, I believe many graphical settings were set to low and it ran on the software renderer on a really high-end G5. I also believe that they used windows 2000 or what's it instead of XP because it ran faster. The main problem with virtual pc is that it doesn't really support the video card inside your mac.

In short I don't recommend trying to play counterstrike on a mac. Just buy a pc if you really want to.

-Tim

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Could I get Counter-Strike demo for mac?Dookie 1/3/05 12:43 a.m.
     Well,if they have Half Life for the Mac, they must *NM*Tyler 1/3/05 5:50 a.m.
           Where?! Where could I get it? *NM*Dookie 1/3/05 8:14 a.m.
                 Re: Where?! Where could I get it?Black Eagle (Tim Vogel) 1/3/05 9:24 a.m.
                       Re: Where?! Where could I get it?Steve Levinson 1/3/05 11:59 a.m.
                             Re: Where?! Where could I get it?thermoplyae 1/3/05 12:26 p.m.
                                   Re: Where?! Where could I get it?Black Eagle (Tim Vogel) 1/3/05 1:27 p.m.
                                   Re: Where?! Where could I get it?Vid Boi 1/3/05 4:15 p.m.
                                         Blood?Dollar Store Kyle 1/3/05 4:43 p.m.
                                               Re: Blood?Dollar Store Kyle 1/3/05 4:44 p.m.
                                                     Re: Blood?Yossarian 1/3/05 6:35 p.m.
                                               Re: Blood?Deathmonger 1/3/05 5:40 p.m.
                                                     Isn't that for DOS? *NM*Dollar Store Kyle 1/3/05 7:26 p.m.
                       Re: Where?! Where could I get it?Andrew Nagy 1/3/05 1:47 p.m.
                             Here's the MacAddict thread (+ screenshot)ukimalefu 1/3/05 2:37 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.