/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal Volunteers - Deja Vu All Over Again
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 1/3/05 11:57 a.m.

In Response To: Eternal Volunteers - Deja Vu All Over Again (Adam Ashwell)

: So...I guess you all comment now.

: By the way, how'd I do?

As promised, I'll chime in as I can. How'd you do? Well, you provided a very nice detailed walk-through of the level without much interpretation. We all have a tendency to slip into this type of style now and then, but you really should focus much more on the meaning of the level than on how to play it. Make note of special tricks needed of course, and be sure to mention and interpret terminal messages, but leave the actual gameplay to the player. If you go back and look at the original Marathon Spoiler Guide, you'll note that even that doesn't provide a complete walk-through - it just tells you the things you need to know about if you get stuck.

Now in terms of this level, I was quite disappointed to say the least that Forrest took the Pfhor out of this level. As you note, many features of the level, including some of the terminal text and the 2X rechargers relate more to the Pfhor than to some bogus insurgency - not that I wouldn't believe that this could happen on the Marathon - it's just a little too coincidental that it would be going on right before the attack. More importantly, I think that Forrest may have overlooked the obvious. Hathor has sent the player back to the Marathon so that she can alter history to destroy humanity. Sending you into a functioning colony ship filled with bobs would only raise suspicion. I think that Hathor would have done the obvious and sent you to the Marathon right at the start of the Pfhor attack. With all the bobs scrambling, no one would even notice your presens except the Pfhor, and they're no match for you. Further, Hathor needs to keep you distracted so that you won't question her true objective. Hence the Pfhor serve a double purpose. Forced to fight, you have no choice but to blindly follow Hathor's wishes.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal Volunteers - Deja Vu All Over AgainAdam Ashwell 1/3/05 11:00 a.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers - Deja Vu All Over Againblake37 1/3/05 11:48 a.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers - Deja Vu All Over AgainAdam Ashwell 1/3/05 11:55 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal Volunteers - Deja Vu All Over Againblake37 1/3/05 2:05 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers - Deja Vu All Over AgainSteve Levinson 1/3/05 11:57 a.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers - Deja Vu All Over AgainAdam Ashwell 1/3/05 12:10 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers - Deja Vu All Over AgainForrest of B.org 1/4/05 10:03 a.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers - Deja Vu All Over Againblake37 1/4/05 10:33 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.