/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternaly amazed (spoiler) (spoiler) (spoiler)
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 12/28/04 4:29 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternaly amazed (spoiler) (spoiler) (spoiler) (lost)

: so i was on a spaceship full of humans after shutting down durandal's core, i
: almost got squished by a big corkscrew near some water, and found a
: terminal, which went on and on(with the poetry and everything) and then
: told me to "try again" and sent me back to mountaineering g3. is
: this normal, or did i screw up somewhere?

You screwed up the first time you played G3 Moontanning, but you were supposed to screw up. Unlike other nonlinear scenarios such as Rubicon and Fell where a mistake can lead to a bad ending to the game, Eternal always gives you a second chance. Moontanning is a timed level. Remember the first time through when you reached the end and were told that you hadn't shut Hathor out in time? You then played a couple of levels intended to make up for your mistake and, in the end, helped Durandal to escape the Universe. Without Durandal to warn humanity about the Pfhor, the Pfhor took Earth by surprise and the level with the spaceship full of humans was a glimpse of that very unfortunate future - the total enslavement of humanity. Better luck next time. Finish Moontanning as fast as you can and you'll get a very different message, and a chance to continue in the successful timeline.

Note - this sort of thing will happen in each and every chapter of Eternal, so be prepared for a lot of deja vu.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternaly amazedblake37 12/22/04 4:05 p.m.
     Re: Eternaly amazedForrest of B.org 12/22/04 7:33 p.m.
           Re: Eternaly amazedD-M.A. 12/22/04 10:34 p.m.
                 Re: Eternaly amazed(little spoiler)blake37 12/23/04 4:03 a.m.
                       Re: Eternaly amazed(little spoiler)D-M.A. 12/23/04 4:18 a.m.
                             Re: Eternaly amazed(little spoiler)Forrest of B.org 12/23/04 9:49 a.m.
                                   Re: Eternaly amazed(little spoiler)D-M.A. 12/23/04 10:32 a.m.
                                   Re: Eternaly amazed(little spoiler)blake37 12/23/04 2:35 p.m.
                                         Re: Eternaly amazed(little spoiler)Forrest of B.org 12/23/04 3:02 p.m.
                                               Re: Eternaly amazed(little spoiler)blake37 12/23/04 3:24 p.m.
                                                     Re: Eternaly amazed(little spoiler)blake37 12/23/04 3:28 p.m.
           Re: Eternaly amazedblake37 12/23/04 3:51 a.m.
                 Re: Eternaly amazedForrest of B.org 12/23/04 9:08 p.m.
           Re: Eternaly amazedD-M.A. 12/23/04 4:22 a.m.
                 Re: Eternaly amazedForrest of B.org 12/23/04 9:43 a.m.
                       Re: Eternaly amazed (spoiler) (spoiler) (spoiler)lost 12/27/04 7:24 p.m.
                             Re: Eternaly amazed (spoiler) (spoiler) (spoiler)Steve Levinson 12/28/04 4:29 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.