/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

My Introduction
Posted By: Michael M.Date: 12/22/04 5:32 p.m.

In Response To: New recruit to Marathon and its community (Dollar Store Kyle)

For a while I have been lurking around the MSP and MBO, reading story tidbits and dwelling on thoughts from threads. Now, however, I'm going to contribute a little.

My first Bungie game? Halo. I picked it up in December of 2002 and from there I was hooked. What grabbed me onto the community even more was halo.bungie.org, the home of all Halo news. After learning how deep the story goes from reading the Halo story page, I moved onto the HBO forum. At first, my posts were a bit awkward. In fact, they were downright stupid, and often annoyed a lot of people. I picked up my act soon enough, though, and became an official contributing citizen of HBO.

By that stage, I had got on a lot better with the locals and I gained the state of "HBO regular". However, I wanted to learn more about those people who made the game, so I researched a bit on this "Bungie" company. What I found was truly amazing. What I had found was a game developing company like no other. It was almost like a bunch of friends who make games as a hobby.

I started reading Top Stories a bit more and soon found out about some of their older games, one of which was Marathon. From there, I read the story synopsis on the MSP and learned the overall storyline. However, I wanted more. By this stage, it was April 2004 and I had grown into loving the Bungie community over the last year or so.

However, someone known as "the Rip-Saw" popped up on the Bungie.net forums and introduced me to something special called "M1A1": Marathon for Aleph One, an open source project. Finally, I could play Marathon on my Windows machine.

I reached about halfway through the game when I got stuck, gave up for a few months, then continued to finally satisfy myself with the end of the game in November.

From there, I read every last page of the MSP and read a few more posts on this very forum. Today, I replied to the Marathon 10th anniversary thread and posted a new thread about Marathon 2 for Aleph One. Now, I hope to contribute more and hopefully become known as an "Marathon.Bungie.org regular". That would rock.

So where do I stand now with Bungie? Well, I'm pretty sure I understand everything Bungie, except for the few inside jokes I often don't get the point of. I'm soon to purchase Oni for PC and I will also get a mac so I can finish the Marathon trilogy and play every Bungie game made.

I'm Michael M, and I'm a Bungieholic.

~_^ -- Michael M, HBO resident

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

New recruit to Marathon and its communityDollar Store Kyle 12/22/04 10:28 a.m.
     Re: New recruit to Marathon and its communityForrest of B.org 12/22/04 10:50 a.m.
           Re: New recruit to Marathon and its communityYossarian 12/22/04 11:14 a.m.
     Re: New recruit to Marathon and its communityBlack Eagle (Tim Vogel) 12/22/04 10:54 a.m.
           M1A1?Dollar Store Kyle 12/22/04 11:13 a.m.
                 Re: M1A1?Forrest of B.org 12/22/04 11:21 a.m.
                       Re: M1A1?D-M.A. 12/22/04 11:25 a.m.
                       Any links to download it? *NM*Dollar Store Kyle 12/22/04 11:25 a.m.
                             Re: Any links to download it?Forrest of B.org 12/22/04 11:33 a.m.
                                   Re: Any links to download it?Ori 12/22/04 5:07 p.m.
                       Re: M1A1?ukimalefu 12/23/04 12:33 a.m.
                             Re: M1A1?Thomas Hymon 12/23/04 3:49 a.m.
     Re: New recruit to Marathon and its communityBlack Eagle (Tim Vogel) 12/22/04 11:12 a.m.
     My IntroductionMichael M. 12/22/04 5:32 p.m.
           Re: My IntroductionForrest of B.org 12/22/04 7:37 p.m.
                 Re: *cough* HBO *cough*•M 12/22/04 8:03 p.m.
           Re: My IntroductionDollar Store Kyle 12/22/04 8:46 p.m.
                 Re: My IntroductionForrest of B.org 12/22/04 9:24 p.m.
                 Re: My IntroductionMichael M. 12/22/04 9:30 p.m.
           Re: My IntroductionYossarian 12/23/04 5:35 a.m.
     Re: New recruit to Marathon and its communitySiphonopho 12/22/04 9:09 p.m.
           DoneDollar Store Kyle 12/22/04 9:32 p.m.
                 Re: DoneSiphonopho 12/22/04 10:05 p.m.
     Re: New recruit to Marathon and its communitythermoplyae 12/23/04 7:39 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.