/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Happy Birthday Marathon! Here's Your Present!
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 12/20/04 10:00 p.m.

...I've been working on it since you were two, so you'd better like it!

12:00 AM Pacific, December 21st, 2004.

Eight years in the making finally brings us to this... the penultimate version of Eternal is at long last released. It's not as done as I had hoped, but it's more done than I expected, and that's good enough for me. I can only hope you all will agree.

The longest-running Marathon scenario project in history, Eternal began production in late 1996 with the release of Marathon Infinity. Eventually run into the ground and then dormant for many years, it was resurrected in June of 2004, and now twenty-six and some fraction weeks later, the reborn project has come to fruition.

Mark V of Eternal features 48 levels, 5 all new texture sets, 7 new weapons, and 7 new or modified monsters. It also includes a completely revamped user interface, all new title music, seven beautiful high-res landscape graphics, and five chapter screens punctuating the scenario.

Eternal's story begins immediately following the end of Marathon Infinity. What begins as a mission to right history turns into an epic pursuit which spans not only the stars but also the centuries. Long-time Marathon fans will find many elusive corners of their beloved universe fleshed out in greater detail, and Halo fans new to the Marathon world will notice striking similarities in the last chapter.

The scenario is available in a stand-alone package for both Mac OS and Windows operating systems, in three different versions for each: one with high-res (512x512) textures, another with medium-res (256x256) textures, and a third with low-res (128x128) textures. Take your pick based on the power of your computer and graphics card. A 64MB graphics card is recommended for the high-res version. All versions require OpenGL be enabled.

Read more history, view the screenshots, and download Eternal Mark V today:

<http://eternal.psyjnir.net/>

-Forrest Cameranesi
Director of the Eternal Project

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Happy Birthday Marathon! Here's Your Present!Forrest of B.org 12/20/04 10:00 p.m.
     SALUTE! *NM*D-M.A. 12/20/04 10:03 p.m.
     Cool!Smeeisqualityfoo 12/21/04 12:55 a.m.
           Will it work with OS 9? *NM*ukimalefu 12/21/04 1:37 a.m.
                 It should...Forrest of B.org 12/21/04 7:24 a.m.
     /me blows the candles *NM*Johannes Gunnar 12/21/04 5:25 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.