/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Bungie history on G4TechTV!
Posted By: Andrew NagyDate: 12/8/04 8:40 p.m.

In Response To: Bungie history on G4TechTV! (Andrew Nagy)

I assume the G4 guys are required to pretend to remember playing PID in 1993. They do have copies of the Marathon games, but most of G4 probably hadn't seen them before X-Play showed them. Heck, most of Bungie isn't that old.

(I still have X-Play's Marathon segment taped; haven't rewatched it.)

At first I wondered if they were able to get a copy of Myth, but I guess they can just use Bungie's copy for footage.

I think Jason is the only pre-Marathon employee still at Bungie. There are also some pre-Marathon fans, such as Bernie Friedin. Anything about Gnop and O:DS would just be recited secondhand, since it was just Alex in those days.

I can only imagine G4 will make gratuitous cracks bashing the Mac and Marathon's graphics, which Bungie will deal with civilly without encouraging it. They'll also probably spread the misconception that Halo is Marathon's sequel.

The half-hour will probably follow the same basic outline as the Bungie History section on Bungie.net, since that's the latest revision of the story.

Are any ex-Bungie such as Doug at Microsoft? It'd be cool to see him again, but unlikely.

I wonder if Bungie will talk about some of the history, mythology, and modern fiction that they ripped off/were inspired by. G4 doesn't usually cater to a literate audience.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Bungie history on G4TechTV!Andrew Nagy 12/8/04 8:28 p.m.
     Re: Bungie history on G4TechTV!Andrew Nagy 12/8/04 8:40 p.m.
           Re: Bungie history on G4TechTV!Evil Otto 12/10/04 10:36 a.m.
                 Re: Bungie history on G4TechTV!Daedalus 12/10/04 11:34 a.m.
                       Re: Bungie history on G4TechTV!Malakite 12/10/04 11:48 a.m.
                       Re: Bungie history on G4TechTV!Matt 12/11/04 8:22 a.m.
                             Re: Bungie history on G4TechTV!Andrew Nagy 12/11/04 10:23 a.m.
                 Re: Bungie history on G4TechTV!ukimalefu 12/10/04 12:16 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.