/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

More on Soell
Posted By: poena.dare (not.dead.yet)Date: 12/7/04 2:13 p.m.

In Response To: Re: RIP Bungie Webmaster (Malakite)

: Speaking of Soell...

Well, yes. As a matter of fact I wrote him a short while ago:

I just read the new Bungie Letters to the Webmaster page and I wanted to tell you how much I miss your wit. Really.

Hope everything is going well at Wideload. Eat some serious pizza for me - the stuff they serve in Memphis is crap.

-m aka poena.dare

P.S. Pallor told me that nobody every said anything about the dead hooker in your place in Redmond. Good job, man!

He replied:

Howdy!

Thanks for the kind words. I confess I haven't kept up with the Webmaster's work since I returned to Chicago, but I think it rather magnanimous (and a little touching) of Bungie to keep him around. Given their druthers, MS Legal would have terminated his command years ago.

Things are going excellently at Wideload. For what it's worth, the "portions copyright Aspyr Media" on the StZ site should not worry you unduly. I think that may only apply to the web page content. We own our intellectual property; if we want to produce a line of Stubbs-themed nipple rings and Aspyr doesn't, it sucks to be them. Luckily for all concerned, pleasant and intelligent people run Aspyr and we're all on the same page regarding Stubbs-branded erotic jewelry and the other important elements of quality entertainment software.

I ogled Bob Mould's recent show at the Double Door here in Chicago and enjoyed it tremendously. Much better than the last time I saw him in Seattle, when he insisted on playing drum'n'bass versions of Husker Du songs while Look-Ma-I-Just-Got-Final-Cut-Pro movies played on a screen behind him.

Chicago pizza is as good as it ever was. Had some a couple weeks ago, hope to have some again soon. (All things in moderation.) I've never been in Memphis long enough to try the pizza, but I'll take your word that it's crap and hope some other local cuisine makes up for this stunning deficiency. Mark Bernal visited Graceland last year and claimed to have partaken of some fine eats in the general vicinity.

The hooker was dead? That explains a lot.

-Matt

Further reading:

Matt Soell & Bob Mould: http://trivia.bungie.org/quiz.html?q=252&a=c

The Penultimate Bungie Giga-Quiz

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RIP Bungie Webmasterpoena.dare (not.dead.yet) 12/6/04 7:06 p.m.
     Re: RIP Bungie WebmasterForrest of B.org 12/6/04 8:36 p.m.
           Not Max, Not Frankiepoena.dare (not.dead.yet) 12/6/04 11:19 p.m.
                 Re: Not Max, Not FrankieReiginko 12/7/04 5:18 a.m.
                       Re: Not Max, Not FrankieJacke 12/7/04 6:48 a.m.
                       Re: Not Max, Not FrankieAndrew Nagy 12/7/04 7:04 a.m.
                             Re: Not Max, Not FrankieForrest of B.org 12/7/04 7:28 a.m.
                                   Re: Not Max, Not FrankieVid Boi 12/8/04 4:04 a.m.
                             Re: Not Max, Not FrankieSteve Campbell 4/13/05 11:47 a.m.
                       Re: Not Max, Not FrankieVid Boi 12/8/04 4:42 a.m.
     Re: RIP Bungie Webmasterukimalefu 12/7/04 7:51 a.m.
           Re: RIP Bungie WebmasterMalakite 12/7/04 10:34 a.m.
                 More on Soellpoena.dare (not.dead.yet) 12/7/04 2:13 p.m.
                       Re: More on SoellYossarian 12/7/04 5:00 p.m.
                             Where I Ampoena.dare (not.dead.yet) 12/7/04 5:51 p.m.
                             Re: More on SoellMalakite 12/7/04 8:17 p.m.
                       Re: More on SoellReiginko 12/7/04 8:17 p.m.
                             Safari Unfriendlinesspoena.dare (n.d.y) 12/7/04 11:49 p.m.
                                   Re: Safari UnfriendlinessReiginko 12/8/04 5:22 a.m.
                                   Re: Safari UnfriendlinessCallie21V 12/8/04 3:49 p.m.
                                         Project: Found Deliverypoena.dare (n.d.y) 12/11/04 12:03 a.m.
                                   Re: Safari UnfriendlinessGholsbane 2/2/05 8:30 p.m.
                                         Re: Safari UnfriendlinessReiginko 2/3/05 2:16 a.m.
                                               Re: Safari UnfriendlinessJacke 2/3/05 3:20 a.m.
     Re: RIP Bungie WebmasterLt Devon 12/7/04 1:05 p.m.
           Re: RIP Bungie WebmasterDaedalus 12/7/04 3:31 p.m.
     Re: RIP Bungie Webmasterthermoplyae 12/7/04 7:05 p.m.
           Where I Ampoena.dare (not.dead.yet) 12/7/04 11:41 p.m.
                 Dang Email Addypoena.dare (not.dead.yet) 12/7/04 11:44 p.m.
                       totally understand; my email is a spam-ish account *NM*thermoplyae 12/8/04 3:18 p.m.
     Re: RIP Bungie WebmasterGuest 4/11/05 10:02 a.m.
           Since '49? That suggests Marty is involved... *NM*Bob-B-Q 4/11/05 10:28 a.m.
                 Re: Since '49? That suggests Marty is involved...Guest 4/11/05 10:34 a.m.
                       Re: Since '49? That suggests Marty is involved...Bob-B-Q 4/11/05 12:35 p.m.
                             Re: Since '49? That suggests Marty is involved...D-M.A. 4/11/05 7:50 p.m.
                                   Re: Since '49? That suggests Marty is involved...Yossarian 4/11/05 9:37 p.m.
                                         Re: Since '49? That suggests Marty is involved...D-M.A. 4/12/05 4:00 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.