/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Let me clarify
Posted By: SmeeisqualityfooDate: 11/24/04 11:14 a.m.

In Response To: Let me clarify (Mercury)

It's possible, but limited.

I have done something like this before. If you put together the right sprites then alter the projectiles and stats of the aliens you can make various 'bots' in marathon. keep in mind though, the limitations of the engine can only allow for 2 projectile types per alien (ie 1 gun only with no changing weapons). Also, they cannot pick up ammo, or run out of it. They will respawn with the gun they get given.

so in the end you get a rocket launcher SO, a machine gun SO, a fusion gun SO etc. They also can't use any powerups.

When I gave this a try many years ago, it was good fun but not very realistic. Also, I had difficulty stopping the rocket launcher SO from firing a close range :)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Could we make a request to the maker/s of M1A1?Mercury 11/24/04 6:55 a.m.
     Re: Could we make a request to the maker/s of M1A1Bob-B-Q 11/24/04 10:31 a.m.
           Let me clarifyMercury 11/24/04 10:47 a.m.
                 Re: Let me clarifySmeeisqualityfoo 11/24/04 11:14 a.m.
                       Ask the creators of resurrection, perhaps?Mercury 11/24/04 11:41 a.m.
                             Re: Ask the creators of resurrection, perhaps?Andrew Nagy 11/24/04 7:58 p.m.
                             Re: Ask the creators of resurrection, perhaps?thermoplyae 11/27/04 2:32 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.