/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

*SPOILERS FOR HALO 2 KINDA* revisiting mnw...
Posted By: AfroRyanDate: 11/13/04 2:32 p.m.

so, you remember in that weekly update (i remember u guys talked about it) where Frankie mentioned a level that played like mars needs women? well, i know which one it is now. Its the secret unlikable multiplayer map called foundation, and though not identical (obviously), it feels the same. Actually, i think the best way to describe it is a cross between mnw and halo 1's derelict. It's great fun.

*NOTICE* there is a troublesome bug regarding the actual unlocking process. this is quoted from HBO that was quoted from some forum:
"There is a bug in the game. According to Bungie, all you have to do is finish Campaign on ANY difficulty level and you should get the new mp map. The problem is, if you did all of the on screen tutorials when they came up ("Press right and A to do a Barrel Roll"), you won't get it. You have to ignore one of the on screen tutorials, then do what you ignored on the last level. The barrel roll in the banshee is a perfect example.

If you already beat it and don't have (spoiler I guess) (which is a very Wizard-esque map), start a co-op game with your profile and a new profile (Easy mode is fine). Play as the new profile guy, leaving your main profile guy behind to just stand there. Get in the banshee and do a barrel roll...finish the game. The new profile guy will be able to select (map name)! So...delete the old profile and rename the new guy to your old name if you want.

Sounds stupid and it is...but it is the ONLY way to overcome the bug.

This MUST be stickied. Brian at Bungie talked me through this on the phone when I reviewed the game."

So there you have it. you guys will probably enjoy it (i cant imagine why you wouldn't). It's a great swords only match too:).

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

*SPOILERS FOR HALO 2 KINDA* revisiting mnw...AfroRyan 11/13/04 2:32 p.m.
     Not quiteVid Boi 11/13/04 2:41 p.m.
           Re: Not quiteAfroRyan 11/13/04 2:47 p.m.
                 Holy crap, i said unlikable instead of unlockable! *NM*AfroRyan 11/13/04 2:49 p.m.
                       At least you didn't say unlickable *NM*Forrest of B.org 11/14/04 7:55 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.