/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: From the Infinity manual...
Posted By: Hippieman [B.Org]Date: 11/12/04 1:12 p.m.

In Response To: From the Infinity manual... (ukimalefu)

: Q Can I charge money for a scenario I’ve built using Forge and Anvil?

: A No. Even if you have created a scenario from scratch (using all new
: monsters, sounds, and graphics), the file formats contain specific data
: that we maintain the copyright on.

Thats old.

As for what we would exactly be doing is adding support for our GameSmith network. We would be working on that end of the game (network code and such). But its not effective for us to redo all the player sprites and weapons. That is where the community comes in. We are not looking for someone to sit down right now and draw sprites. We are looking for someone who already has done that in the past who is willing to convert what they have to a network only system.

We really don't expect to make any money off of this (other than break even) we will be putting in work on this title, but not on artwork. We are still discussing what we want to really do (the office is split between 100% new origonal content and buying content)

I really want to add, I'm a huge Marathon fan, I have an unfinished scenario myself. I help maintain Marathon.org. Freeverse is not some corporate giant being greedy. Its a small group of us, who love Marathon. We are not trying to bastardize Marathon. Mostly we want to justify making support for our online game network (which beleive me will be a lot of work that I won't do).

And remember all of this is just an idea still, we are fully researching. (Your posts help me even realize how the community feels about this good or bad).

Finally, I've played way too many online games with Aleph One and its very very stable for me. (Side note, I played the first sucessful netgame of Marathon online).

-Hip

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Origonal Content MarathonHippieman [B.Org] 11/11/04 11:23 a.m.
     Re: Origonal Content MarathonAndrew Nagy 11/11/04 12:13 p.m.
     Re: Origonal Content MarathonBob-B-Q 11/11/04 12:49 p.m.
           Re: Origonal Content MarathonHippieman [B.Org] 11/11/04 2:08 p.m.
                 Re: Origonal Content MarathonBob-B-Q 11/11/04 2:13 p.m.
                       Re: Origonal Content MarathonBob-B-Q 11/11/04 2:15 p.m.
                             Keep A1 free!ukimalefu 11/11/04 3:22 p.m.
                                   My thoughts exactly. *NM*Bob-B-Q 11/11/04 3:43 p.m.
                                   Re: Red vs BlueLance Kerensky 11/11/04 5:02 p.m.
                             Re: Origonal Content MarathonMe_43 11/11/04 9:07 p.m.
                                   Enough pimping already! *NM*Bob-B-Q 11/12/04 4:50 a.m.
                                         TOO MUCH PIMPING IS NOT NEARLY ENOUGH!!! *NM*Me_43 11/12/04 2:12 p.m.
                 Re: Origonal Content MarathonClarke 11/11/04 7:42 p.m.
                       Re: Origonal Content MarathonForrest of B.org 11/11/04 9:04 p.m.
                             Re: Origonal Content MarathonAndrew Nagy 11/12/04 5:31 a.m.
                                   Re: Origonal Content MarathonForrest of B.org 11/12/04 8:57 a.m.
                                         Re: Origonal Content MarathonElliott 11/12/04 11:11 a.m.
                                               From the Infinity manual...ukimalefu 11/12/04 11:29 a.m.
                                                     Re: From the Infinity manual...Hippieman [B.Org] 11/12/04 1:12 p.m.
                                                           Re: From the Infinity manual...Me_43 11/12/04 2:17 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.