/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: [OT} Not Exactly Marathon, New Song, Updates
Posted By: Craig HardgroveDate: 10/21/04 7:08 a.m.

In Response To: Re: [OT} Not Exactly Marathon, New Song, Updates (K-chi)

: Eh? That's the original soundtrack? Are you sure? I think I'm confused, then.

I believe the M1A1 files are the original soundtrack files but the .mp3s average about 3 MB per song, whereas the .mov's that i'm hosting average around 100 KB or less. Other than the file size difference, the quality of the .mp3s sounds (possibly) marginally better than the .movs so there may be some modification there. I considered, briefly, hosting the .mp3s but I have nowhere near the web-resources it would require to store them, let alone serve them to anyone. Anyway, the .mov's are practically pure rips from the original M1 'Music' file, the only modification they've undergone is a conversion from .midi to .mov... which, and correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure doesn't alter the instruments or sound quality in any way.

-Craig

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

[OT} Not Exactly Marathon, New Song, UpdatesCraig Hardgrove 10/20/04 4:12 p.m.
     Re: [OT} Not Exactly Marathon, New Song, UpdatesMatt 10/20/04 6:07 p.m.
           Re: [OT} Not Exactly Marathon, New Song, UpdatesMista_B 10/20/04 7:13 p.m.
     Re: [OT} Not Exactly Marathon, New Song, UpdatesCraig Hardgrove 10/20/04 7:43 p.m.
     Re: [OT} Not Exactly Marathon, New Song, Updatessd 10/20/04 8:43 p.m.
           Re: [OT} Not Exactly Marathon, New Song, Updatessd 10/20/04 8:45 p.m.
     Re: [OT} Not Exactly Marathon, New Song, UpdatesShenlon 10/21/04 4:37 a.m.
           Re: [OT} Not Exactly Marathon, New Song, UpdatesK-chi 10/21/04 6:46 a.m.
                 Re: [OT} Not Exactly Marathon, New Song, UpdatesCraig Hardgrove 10/21/04 7:08 a.m.
                       Re: [OT} Not Exactly Marathon, New Song, Updatesukimalefu 10/21/04 7:22 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.