/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: To those who want the full version of Marathon
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 10/6/04 9:39 p.m.

In Response To: Re: To those who want the full version of Marathon (ukimalefu)

: Well, at least it does says this in The Macintosh Garden's front page: "
: Abandonware is commercial software that has been discontinued by the
: publisher and are not sold or supported anymore. If you are the publisher
: of a certain game on this site, and wish that it is removed, please email
: me and I will remove the game. "

And if you believe that that kind of disclaimer carries any legal weight at all, I have some very lucrative Internet schemes for making money to sell you. Microsoft holds the legal copyright on the Marathon games and that copyright is good for another 10 years at minimum. If they chose to go after the Macintosh Garden, I can assure you that the garden would be history and the site maintainer would very likely end up in bankruptcy. Of course if you download the game yourself from this site, I think the worst that could happen to you would be that you'd have to remove it from your computer - unless they could prove that you knowingly downloaded a pirated game.

Frankly, I doubt that M$ cares about Marathon at all, but a number of open source Linux programmers thought as much until M$ realized that they could go after Linux by asserting some of their more obscure concept patents.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

To those who want the full version of Marathon&PIDZetor 10/6/04 5:33 p.m.
     Do you have an official Bungie/Microsoft quote? *NM*Mista_B 10/6/04 5:58 p.m.
     You can also download Minotaur and O:DSdeathmonger 10/6/04 6:24 p.m.
           "...make an ASS of U and ME."Andrew Nagy 10/6/04 7:31 p.m.
           Re: Weekend Warrior sans nastyness•M 10/7/04 4:32 a.m.
     Re: To those who want the full version of MarathonMark Levin 10/6/04 8:10 p.m.
           Re: To those who want the full version of Marathonukimalefu 10/6/04 8:23 p.m.
                 Re: To those who want the full version of MarathonSteve Levinson 10/6/04 9:39 p.m.
                       Re: To those who want the full version of MarathonD-M.A. 10/7/04 4:18 a.m.
                             Re: To those who want the full version of MarathonMark Levin 10/7/04 7:03 a.m.
                                   Re: To those who want the full version of MarathonD-M.A. 10/7/04 7:25 a.m.
                                         Re: To those who want the full version of MarathonAndrew Nagy 10/7/04 5:12 p.m.
                                               Re: To those who want the full version of MarathonMista_B 10/7/04 6:07 p.m.
                                                     Re: To those who want the full version of MarathonD-M.A. 10/7/04 7:22 p.m.
                                   Re: To those who want the full version of MarathonVid Boi 10/7/04 7:29 a.m.
                             Re: To those who want the full version of Marathonukimalefu 10/7/04 12:12 p.m.
                                   Re: To those who want the full version of MarathonAndrew Nagy 10/7/04 5:10 p.m.
     Re: To those who want the full version of MarathonVid Boi 10/7/04 4:13 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.