/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Of the Jjaro in PiD and thoughts on the Maraverse
Posted By: BlayneDate: 9/24/04 7:42 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Reasoning why RED *could* be an alternate univ (Mark Levin)

: I think it more that he made some major changes to the story and never
: bothered to update the web site to reflect this.

: Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever be possible to reconcile all the
: major scenarios ever released into a single coherent story. Virtually no
: one had this concept in mind when they developed their ideas, and most
: major scenario storylines include some basic revelation or shift in the
: architecture of the universe that makes this task that much harder.

True enough Mark. Fantastic scenarios of years past have all contributed to my love of Marathon - particularly what I like to think of as an extended universe, tenuous as the connections are.

My WMaiD connection (via dream terminal) to the RED universe can be interpreted as directly to RED. Inverseley, they could be to an altogether different universe that has some elements of RED in it. By referencing Ian's project, I don't mean to cram anothers circular work into a square hole. By utilizing anothers work as a conceputal framework, the reader gains a broader understanding of the world I hint at. That's the great thing about any good Marathon scenario. It presents enough information to be interesting, but the real joy comes from answering the questions posed by the works author.

: (Also, I don't think there's direct communication with the Jjaro in *any*
: scenario, official or not, besides Pathways Into Darkness, depending on
: whether you count S'bhuth as one of them. What RED lacks is even any
: *mention* of the Jjaro.)

By S'bhuth - you mean to say that any Jjaro communication we recieve in the Trilogy is indirect. Be it via Thoth (the 'Eath the Path' type dream terminals) or other Jjaro dream texts (from S'bhuth?), the player never speaks to the "gods" - only their higher up creations (angels?).

Interesting.

Mark, a question that's bugged me for some time:
-Did I halucinate the whole affair of an Bearly Bungie Software showing what the Jjaro looked like in PiD?

Its been a few years since I last played PiD - but I recall part of the story detailing how a Jjaro hologram (Ai?) appears to warn the President in 1994(?) - setting in motion the events of the game. This entity appears in the form of a rather silly looking alien - similar (in my imperfect memory) to one of the new Pfhor creations introduced [holding a ball-weapon] in Rubicon.

It's things like this that keep me awake at night. ;)

- Blayne

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Scenario News updated.A Chinese Austin Powers 9/20/04 11:55 p.m.
     Re: Scenario News updated.Andromeda_5[Kilo] 9/21/04 2:43 a.m.
           Re: Scenario News updated.goran 9/21/04 3:27 a.m.
           Re: Scenario News updated.Steve Levinson 9/21/04 8:23 a.m.
                 Re: Scenario News updated.D-M.A. 9/21/04 8:32 a.m.
                 Re: Scenario News updated.Andromeda_5[Kilo] 9/21/04 8:44 a.m.
                 Red 2 PonderingsBlayne 9/22/04 7:12 a.m.
                       Re: Red 2 PonderingsSteve Levinson 9/22/04 6:11 p.m.
                       Re: Red 2 PonderingsMark Levin 9/22/04 8:06 p.m.
                       Re: Red 2 PonderingsDylan 9/23/04 6:08 p.m.
                             Reasoning why RED *could* be an alternate universeBlayne 9/23/04 7:30 p.m.
                                   Re: Reasoning why RED *could* be an alternate univMark Levin 9/24/04 4:25 a.m.
                                         Of the Jjaro in PiD and thoughts on the MaraverseBlayne 9/24/04 7:42 a.m.
                                               Re: Of the Jjaro in PiD and thoughts on the MaraveAndrew Nagy 9/24/04 4:24 p.m.
                                                     Re: Of the Jjaro in PiD and thoughts on the MaraveAndrew Nagy 12/8/04 3:09 p.m.
                                                           Re: Of the Jjaro in PiD and thoughts on the MaraveBlayne 12/12/04 5:28 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Of the Jjaro in PiD and thoughts on the MaraveForrest of B.org 12/13/04 8:09 a.m.
                                                                       What about Tron? *NM*Andrew Nagy 12/13/04 10:54 a.m.
                                   Re: Reasoning why RED *could* be an alternate univDylan 9/25/04 6:33 a.m.
                                         Re: Reasoning why RED *could* be an alternate univBlayne 9/26/04 5:04 p.m.
                                               Re: Reasoning why RED *could* be an alternate univMark Levin 9/26/04 7:09 p.m.
                                                     Understood Mark. *NM*Blayne 9/28/04 2:51 p.m.
                                               Re: Reasoning why RED *could* be an alternate univDylan 9/29/04 3:17 p.m.
                                                     Re: Reasoning why RED *could* be an alternate univMark Levin 9/29/04 4:36 p.m.
     AntianomaticForrest of B.org 9/21/04 9:14 a.m.
     Re: Scenario News updated.Adam Ashwell 9/21/04 9:46 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.