/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: ballistic masters
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 9/17/04 12:51 p.m.

In Response To: Re: ballistic masters (Warlord Carnage)

: I have nothing against vidmastering whatsoever. I'm just not interested and I
: really find it unfair that not filling in every nook in cranny with just
: your fists will have others laugh at you and call you a n00b or a
: spazeroid or a wimp... Maybe even a troll ><

Actually, there is absolutely nothing, and I repeat, nothing in the vidmaster rules that requires using one's fists. In fact, the rules specify that you must never shoot when a grenade will do, and you must never, ever leave a single bob alive. Vidding has evolved to involve a lot more than that and obviously there are exceptions to the rules, such as Sidoh's legendary vid of The Rose in which he succeeded in saving the requisite number of bobs. Using fists only evolved out of the necessity to conserve ammo. Since you start a vid with nothing more than a magnum and its included clip, you need to be able to get by with only the ammo you find on the particular level. If you run out of ammo, you have to use fists. Since you may not now if you'll have enough ammo for later, many vidmasters routinely use fists for taking out easy prey. I myself now routinely use fists to take out fighters, hunters and compilers, saving my ammo for bigger prey, and I find that it's often easier to take out groups of these with fists than with conventional weapons. In any case, the fist-only vid evolved as a challenge within a challenge. John Sumner is probably the ultimate guru of this skill, making use of little or no ammo whenever he can. It's definitely an acquired taste - one that I follow when convenient, but for which I generally have no patience.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

New MemberWarlord Carnage 9/16/04 4:03 a.m.
     Re: New Memberukimalefu 9/16/04 5:00 a.m.
     Re: New MemberYossarian 9/16/04 5:15 a.m.
           I only have one secretAnaphiel 9/16/04 9:03 a.m.
     Re: New MemberMista_B 9/16/04 9:46 a.m.
           'Real' Tactics? HAH!Warlord Carnage 9/16/04 6:46 p.m.
                 ? *NM*Mista_B 9/16/04 6:56 p.m.
                 Re: 'Real' Tactics? HAH!Andrew Nagy 9/16/04 7:02 p.m.
                       Re: 'Real' Tactics? HAH!Me_43 9/16/04 7:41 p.m.
                 ballistic mastersgoran 9/16/04 7:43 p.m.
                       Re: ballistic mastersSteve Levinson 9/16/04 9:58 p.m.
                             Re: ballistic mastersD-M.A. 9/16/04 10:22 p.m.
                                   Re: ballistic mastersForrest of B.org 9/16/04 10:56 p.m.
                                         Re: ballistic mastersSteve Levinson 9/17/04 3:58 a.m.
                             Perhaps add hit-detection to Aleph? *NM*Mista_B 9/16/04 10:55 p.m.
                             Re: ballistic mastersgoran 9/16/04 11:35 p.m.
                                   Re: ballistic mastersSteve Levinson 9/17/04 4:10 a.m.
                                         Re: ballistic mastersgoran 9/17/04 9:16 a.m.
                                               Re: ballistic mastersSpeaker-To-Animals 9/17/04 12:14 p.m.
                                                     Re: ballistic mastersCaptain Bob 9/17/04 1:27 p.m.
                             Re: ballistic mastersblake37 9/17/04 3:24 p.m.
                       Re: ballistic mastersWarlord Carnage 9/17/04 7:05 a.m.
                             Re: ballistic mastersSteve Levinson 9/17/04 12:51 p.m.
                 Re: 'Real' Tactics? HAH!Anonymous 9/17/04 7:45 p.m.
                       Re: 'Real' Tactics? HAH!Warlord Carnage 9/19/04 6:36 p.m.
                             Re: 'Real' Tactics? HAH!Andrew Nagy 9/19/04 7:23 p.m.
                                   Re: 'Real' Tactics? HAH!Mark Levin 9/19/04 8:39 p.m.
                                   Re: 'Real' Tactics? HAH!Warlord Carnage 9/20/04 5:01 a.m.
                                         (ADMIN) Re: 'Real' Tactics? HAH! Count Zero 9/20/04 8:31 a.m.
                                         Re: 'Real' Tactics? HAH!RyokoTK 9/21/04 2:59 a.m.
                                               And then I read the admin's post. *NM*RyokoTK 9/21/04 3:00 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.