/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 9/14/04 8:01 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening? (Andrew Nagy/Document)

: I don't believe in Rubicon X; it's just been too long, and I didn't really
: care about it in the first place. I guess I should be doubting WMaiD too,
: but what's been shown so far is too exiting: I want it.

The most recent beta of Rubicon X is more than a year old. As you can see from the screenshot below, the high-res textures for the Chimera Plank are done and Mark Levin's AO additions are fully implemented. The holdup has been Scott Brown, who's incredibly exacting standards left an impossible task that no one could complete - as he put it when he was still working on the textures, he needed several months of full-time work to complete all the textures. A couple of months ago, he admitted defeat and uploaded the last of the high-res textures he had time to develop. Chris and I requested that he polish off a few textures where the contrast between new and old is too great, but he hasn't replied to his e-mails - a chronic problem as even he admits. Chris is, I believe, working on polishing up a few new levels and may be working on modifying some existing ones to finish off the Tycho plank, which gives the player a chance to take Tycho up on his offer and leads to a surprising conclusion.

In any case, if you really would like to see some progress with Rubicon X, I suggest to people that they e-mail Chris Lund and Scott Brown to let you know how they feel (I'm not posting their addresses directly, as that would probably lead to a lot of ill will, but you can find them from their posts on the forum). Tell them to hurry up and finish off what they have, and try to get Scott to accept help in finishing off the textures. I think that if they know people want it, it will motivate them to get off their duffs.

WMaiD, well, it's been more than a year since Blayne sent me a beta and at the time is was nothing to write home about. But he's grown a lot since then and I, too, look forwared to WMaiD seeing the light of day.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?Elliott 9/13/04 10:00 p.m.
     Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?goran 9/13/04 10:29 p.m.
           Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?goran 9/13/04 10:33 p.m.
                 Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?Traxis-Spawn 9/13/04 11:25 p.m.
                       Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?goran 9/14/04 9:06 a.m.
                             Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?goran 9/15/04 12:34 p.m.
     Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?Mista_B 9/13/04 10:38 p.m.
           Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?ukimalefu 9/14/04 4:17 a.m.
           And don't forget Dark Star! *NM*Steve Levinson 9/14/04 6:58 a.m.
                 mb Lost Lands, Where Angels Fear to Tread *NM*Andrew Nagy/Document 9/14/04 7:01 a.m.
                       Re: mb Lost Lands, Where Angels Fear to TreadElliott 9/14/04 10:16 a.m.
           Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?Andrew Nagy/Document 9/14/04 7:00 a.m.
                 Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?Forrest of B.org 9/14/04 7:24 a.m.
                       Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?A Chinese Austin Powers 9/15/04 5:56 a.m.
                 Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?Steve Levinson 9/14/04 8:01 a.m.
                       Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?Anaphiel 9/14/04 8:23 a.m.
                       Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?Adam Ashwell 9/14/04 9:47 a.m.
                             Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?Andrew Nagy/Document 9/14/04 10:30 a.m.
                             Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?Scott 9/16/04 5:14 a.m.
                                   Holy CowAnaphiel 9/16/04 7:18 a.m.
                                         Re: Holy CowMark Levin 9/16/04 7:58 a.m.
                                               Re: Holy CowAnaphiel 9/16/04 9:05 a.m.
                                               Re: Holy CowForrest of B.org 9/16/04 12:13 p.m.
                                   Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?Steve Levinson 9/16/04 9:21 a.m.
                                   Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?C Lund 9/17/04 12:38 a.m.
                                         Ooo - a new level *NM*Steve Levinson 9/17/04 3:59 a.m.
                                   Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?Speaker-To-Animals 9/17/04 12:08 p.m.
                                         Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?Mark Levin 9/17/04 1:30 p.m.
                                               Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?Speaker-To-Animals 9/17/04 4:04 p.m.
                       Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?Forrest of B.org 9/14/04 8:57 p.m.
                             Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?Steve Levinson 9/15/04 7:55 a.m.
     Re: Whats the buzz, tell me whats a happening?A Chinese Austin Powers 9/14/04 4:58 a.m.
     JCST, from when I was a kid - how nostalgic *NM*Steve Levinson 9/14/04 7:00 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.