/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

HAH!
Posted By: TigerDate: 9/13/04 2:06 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Anyone for network? PLEASE! (Johannes Gunnar)

: you need to have Aleph One to play online. And just go on AIM/iChat and join
: the aleph one chat, just type in "aleph one", simple as that.
: but sometimes there's nobody there but when there is somebody, they are
: always ready for some multiplayer action.

: Unreal Tournament has "maybe" overshadowed other games, but it
: hasn't affected us. Because Marathon multiplayer is more fun. (when
: there's no lag, kinda sucky to play it on 56k, hehe)

Unreal Tournament is one of the most overrated games ever. I want to spit on every UT CD that I find. Quake III is so much better in my opinion.

One of the reasons are the maps. The maps in UT mostly suck. I like their idea to have maps that are of ships and giant garages and stuff, but that sort of makes the maps suck, there isn't enough space. That and it seems like it is more suitable for a civilian to work, not for some people to fight. Quake III didn't do that and made maps that were, in my opinion, adequately suited for battle. Okay, so UTs maps weren't always cramped and the CTF maps weren't so bad, but in general I think that Quake III did a much better job of making the maps more fun to fight in. When you make a map that is supposed to look like it has an actual purpose too much like the maps in UT, it sort of limits your ideas to put in that better suit a deathmatch battle. UT and Q3 don't really have much of a plot anyway, so why not just throw in maps that are made simply for the benefit of a good arena action game rather than to look like some random city building or dull location?

Second of all are the bots. Q3's bots on "I can win" (the easiest difficulty level) is about roughly as good as the bots on UT's "experienced" and possibly about as good as UT's "skilled". Nuff said.

I could go on with details, but I don't want to bore any of you. Sometimes I can sort of slip into talking to myself a lot. Oh well.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Anyone for network? PLEASE!Tiger 9/6/04 5:26 p.m.
     Re: Anyone for network? PLEASE!Johannes Gunnar 9/7/04 3:55 a.m.
           Re: Anyone for network? PLEASE!a disreputable source 9/11/04 6:50 a.m.
                 Re: Anyone for network? PLEASE!ukimalefu 9/11/04 11:52 a.m.
                       Re: Anyone for network? PLEASE!a disreputable source 9/11/04 12:25 p.m.
                             Re: Anyone for network? PLEASE!Adam Ashwell 9/11/04 12:29 p.m.
                                   Praise thy Mac... Pity thy obsolete Windoze :-D *NM*Tiger 9/11/04 7:09 p.m.
                 Re: Anyone for network? PLEASE!Siphonopho 9/11/04 3:54 p.m.
                       Re: Anyone for network? PLEASE!ukimalefu 9/12/04 1:04 a.m.
                             Re: Anyone for network? PLEASE!Andrew Nagy 2/1/05 7:26 a.m.
           HAH!Tiger 9/13/04 2:06 p.m.
                 Re: HAH!GE-I-JO 10/21/05 4:33 p.m.
                 *Online*GE-I-JO 10/27/05 5:09 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.