/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eternal - Level 13
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 9/4/04 2:50 p.m.

Wow, what a blast! Again, way to symmetric for the Pfhor, but a lot of fun to play. I am really amazed by this level. I have seen a lot of tricks in a lot of scenarios, but it's getting harder and harder to pull off something new and unique. Even your self-regenerating O2 has been available in AO for some time - just not utilized as a part of a scenario before. But creating a level that has the true appearance of dawn or dusk is quite a feat. Now what we have here is an illusion - I suppose it would be possible to have the outdoor areas of a level gradually lighten or darken, but that would involve an incredible amount of coding and it would likely slow the game down a great deal, if it would work at all. What you have done is ingeneous. Players are likely to circle the level in one direction only. By creating a gradual gradient from one area of the map to the next, you have created an illusion of the level gradually getting lighter - or darker, as the player plays. My hats off to you on this one. The other things I like - having fighters come out between the bars of a cage that the player is to wide to fit through - a really nice touch, and having switches that operate doors in adjacent quadrants - the palyer may not figure this out until the very end. All-in-all, I like this one a lot.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal - Level 13Steve Levinson 9/4/04 2:50 p.m.
     Re: Eternal - Level 13Forrest of B.org 9/4/04 10:22 p.m.
           Re: Eternal - Level 13Steve Levinson 9/4/04 10:36 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal - Level 13Forrest of B.org 9/4/04 10:53 p.m.
                       Yes, I noticed and *used* the dual plasma pistols *NM*Steve Levinson 9/4/04 11:12 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.