/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eternal - Levels 8-11
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 9/4/04 7:47 a.m.

Once again, level 8 is great - one of my favorites. Forrest, I think level 4 should have a 2X recharger in the alcove with the exit terms, but if you manage to stop the clock with the wire smashing, that will largely be irrelevant as the player can always go back. The point I'm getting at is that you really need 2X shields at the start of level 8 (although I did it with less ;^) ). There is one sticky poly on level 8 - it's on the back side of that circular platform in the large, dark room, right next to the large door that doesn't open (yeah, way back there). Adam, if you can't figure this out, e-mail me and I'll send a screenshot.

Level 9 is only marginally improved, but I think the concensus is to scrap this in favor of level 6. I think you've set the monster waves to 2 minutes - it takes just about that long to deal with each wave on TC before the next one hits. Now that you've fixed the rising platform in the core room, I could not keep it clear long enough to get on and stay on that platform without getting knocked off by a projectile fighter or a grenade. I had to drop down to normal - then it was doable. I'm glad this level is going away, but if you decide to keep if for some reason, those monster waves need to be much less frequent.

Level 10 is cool, and the terminal has raised my curiosity.

Level 11 - I'm going to have to start this one over and get back on it, because there is a major bug that can leave the player trapped with an unplayable saved game, which is where I am now. If you drop down that elevator and decide to return topside to save your game, you'll find that the elevator can't be lowered. It's activated by a chip socket and once the chip is in, there's no way to reactivate it. Oops!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal - Levels 8-11Steve Levinson 9/4/04 7:47 a.m.
     Re: Eternal - Levels 8-11Dr. John Sumner 9/4/04 8:20 a.m.
     Re: Eternal - Level 11Steve Levinson 9/4/04 10:17 a.m.
           Re: Eternal - Level 11Dr. John Sumner 9/4/04 11:08 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal - Level 11Steve Levinson 9/4/04 1:52 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal - Level 11Forrest of B.org 9/4/04 10:08 p.m.
     Re: Eternal - Levels 8-11Forrest of B.org 9/4/04 10:17 p.m.
           Re: Eternal - Levels 8-11Steve Levinson 9/4/04 10:32 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal - Levels 8-11Forrest of B.org 9/4/04 10:46 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal - Levels 8-11blake37 9/5/04 6:00 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.